Well I suppose it had to happen !

Well I suppose it had to happen!
Today my main company fuse blew when my rotary converter was spinning
away driving the chiller. Total load about 15KW. The poor old fuse has
been repeatedly stressed for the last 22 years that we have been here
starting up loads of big motors on machinery. As an example my old
static phase converter would push it's 100 amp meter off scale when it
started my big compressor.
Fuse carrier is marked up 100amp so I was rather suprised when the man
from EDF opened it up and found a 60 amp in there. He replaced it with
a 100a one. Time from calling them to fuse replaced was less than an
hour - quite impressive I think.
AWEM
Reply to
Andrew Mawson
Better than the five days I had to wait from EDF's previous encarnation as 24/7 (sic)
Needless to say when they declined compensation I took the case to Ofgem who instructed them to cough up.
Charles
Reply to
Charles Ping
But then not everyone has a spare power station lurking in the back of the basement just to drive the induction kipper cooker.
They were worried you'd connect it to the grid and take all their customers.
Reply to
rsss
> > Well I suppose it had to happen! > > > > Time from calling them to fuse replaced was less than an > > hour - quite impressive I think. > > > > AWEM > > But then not everyone has a spare power station lurking in the back of > the basement just to drive the induction kipper cooker. > > They were worried you'd connect it to the grid and take all their > customers. > > > -- > rsss > --------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply to
Andrew Mawson