LDRS Stuff

I know I'm a tad late but I wanted to say it was quite awesome to meet several rmrians and Internet colleagues I hadn't the pleasure to before:

Phil Stein - you are what you write :-)> BTW, stop that! You're gonna go blind! Marcus Leech - cool and suave, just like on rmr Joel Rogers - he flies a Nuke... 'nuff said (Sorry 'bout dat motor retainer, Bro) Bobby D AKA RDH8 - flies - and makes - some of the most advanced toys around Jim Seekol - renderer emeritus Paul Robinson - another guy with all his hair :-)>

(I'm sure I missed somebody but I took a muscle relaxer for a pinched nerve about an hour ago. When my memory comes back biochemically, I'll get to you... Right about now, I know what Phil Stein feels like at any given moment :-)> )

It's always a great time when I see some of the fringe crew, too:

The guys from MDRA: Fred Wallace, Neil Mac, Bob Utley, Jerry O, Lester Sherman, Ted Proseus, Dave Weber, Kathy G, Darren Wright The New England Contingent: Dr. Jeff Taylor, Rob Bazinet, Al Goncalves, Todd Harrison, Ryan Sebastian BRS: Lloyd and Mickie Wood, Al Sterner, Murray Lampert, Dean Oberg and last but CERTAINLY NOT least Ray Halm and Andy Shechter (or is that Schechter?) Who gets sick of seeing METRA guys either, huh? Dennis Lappert, Bobby B, Fred Taverni, Ed Enyart, John Novalis and Jeff davenport (AKA JDCluster 'round these parts)

If you haven't already reverse-peristalsized the Taco Grande you ate for lunch, I made two EX flights. First pass Tuesday morning was my extended

2.26x48" ARG EV-1 (ARCAS-ish) on a 29mm, 23.5" long I700 Red (~550N-s). The formula was vibrated, vacuumed and vulcanized by my bud and technical guru, Scotty R who also made the motor hardware. The 3.6# rocket wanted to jump out of its skin when the business end came up, 6 foot fire engine red flame behind it. 4003' at the big end. Unfortunately for me, I was a tad weighty on the charges and the aft seperated at apogee, coming in ballistic WAY down range.

2nd flight I made was Tuesday morning in Scott's 4" Performance Rocketry quasi-BBX. The motor was a 1700 N-s K1500 in a classic APS case. When Mickie hit the button, the nozzle shattered and the motor made a fiery mess at the pad. I torched some of the gelcoat off one fin and some of the G10 motor tube was delaminated, but it looks fixable (yeah, I say that now with a buzz).

By now they'd be playing music over me at the Oscars, but I can't finish without congratulating new L3's Jim Oslander, Mark Lerner and Mark Stackpole whom I had the pleasure of working with as their TAP. Great job guys!!!!

Reply to
Gene

Gene C. wrote:

Reply to
RayDunakin

Same here bro, was a pleasure here as well ( still laughing over a few things we talked about )

Until next time

Joel

77267 9848 L3
Reply to
Joel

I've gotta get me some Celebrex so I don't fell so hazy...

How could I forget the giggles and ecumenical discussions I had with Larry Z and Bill Davidson (and his beautiful wife Frances)?

Kevin Cuomo and his beautiful, oft-flown Archer was in attendance, too...

Reply to
Gene

Gene,

Paybacks are a bitch. 8-)

Phil

Reply to
Phil Stein

Gene, The pleasure was all mine, no really. ;-)

Does this mean we have to come down and fly with yall.

RDH8

Reply to
Robert DeHate

Wow! I don't think I've been accused of being "suave" before. Thanks! [Strolling around, as he was, in an expensive dinner jacket and mirror-polished italian shoes, this rocket scientist projected an air of suave sophistication. Luanas chest began to heave noticably as he walked by her, his huge black rocket thruster lightly touching her ankle...] :-)

Will you be able to come across the border for LDRS 24, Gene? Southern Alberta could use a few more guys with all their hair. Vince Chichak, past chair of CAR oscillates back and forth between tightly-cropped, and ponytail...

Reply to
Marcus Leech

Shouldn't you guys be posting on alt.sex.I.need.a.cold.shower? 8-)

Reply to
Phil Stein

ROTFL!!!

Reply to
RayDunakin

Actually, that wasn't a tongue-in-cheek comment. I know a smooth operator when I see one. In the scheme of things, a "smooth operator" at a rocket launch is a guy who wears a smoking jacket sans pocket protector. :-)>

I'd LOOOVE to come to CA. My better half was in the Canadian Rockies two years ago (she's pretty well-traveled) and said it was probably in her top

  1. Best I ever been to in CA was TO. TO actually kicked it, too. Lots like NYC. Went to a place called Mario's (IIRC). It was, shall I say, an adult "restaurant" where EVERYTHING was on the menu, hear what I'm sayin'? B-b
Reply to
Gene

BTW, Phil, it's alt.homoerotic.geeks

Reply to
Gene

You're obligated now, Bro...

BTW, how do you do setup in your rocketbound PC? Telnet? FTP? IP?

Reply to
Gene

I was just guessing. I stand corrected.

Reply to
Phil Stein

I use VNC via wireless ethernet

Reply to
Robert DeHate

Gee, I was trying more for a kind of

alt.heteroerotic,butfromaharlequinromancepointofview.geeks

type of thing.

Reply to
Marcus Leech

Reply to
Phil Stein

I think you guys need to get a room. ;-)

Reply to
Doc

Don't forget Dan. I think he'll have his drill press and lathe at tomorrows NEPRA launch.

Reply to
Doc

You mean like "get a room" or how WE "GOT A ROOM", Doc?

I'd say "bite me" but I'm still getting over it, know what I'm sayin'?

I know, I know, now Jerry's gonna tell us there's a "don't ask,don't tell" policy in TRA.

Reply to
Gene

Sorry Gene... Facts as I know them... just so we get the credits right...

Andy had nothing to do with LDRS 23.

Ray had a lot to do with securing the site for LDRS 23, but nothing else.

______________________________________________________________________________ PA System: Debrah Koloms

Launch Control System: Al Sterner, Debrah Koloms, Lloyd Wood Launch Pads: Patrick Waite - including work by Nick Todaro, Dean Oberg, Al Sterner, Lloyd Wood, Douglas Caskey, Murray Lampert

Website: Douglas Caskey

Regsistration & vendors: Dean Oberg, Douglas Caskey (online), Mickie, Ruth Oberg, Lauretta Gordzelik (POTROCS)

Signage: Murray Lampert, Duane Wilkey Doug Caskey

BFR Committee: Doug Caskey, Duane Wilkey, Rick Dunseith, Rich Pitzeruse, Jim Livingston

Hybrid Committee: Brian Brodersen, Doug Pratt

Range setup: Paul Brundage (BRS), Graydon Pihlaja(CTRA) and others

Range Manager: Duane Wilkey

Range Host Volunteer Clubs: Tripoli Pittsburg, NAPAS, CTRA, MDRA, LIARS

Additional away cell help: David Wilkins

Fact is.... LDRS 23 was put on by about 5 core BRS members, 6 BRS contributing members, and many other outside people who gave a hoot.

Doug BRS - Secretary

Reply to
Rocketweb