A big thanks to all the folks I met at LDRS

I'd like to thank BRS for putting on LDRS. From the point of view of a spectator/vendor-type, I found it to be pleasant and well organized. I think BRS deserves a sound "atta boy" for putting on this event. The food concession, run by the 1941 H.A.G. was truly grand. The porta-potties were always well stocked with the essentials, and seemed to be well maintained.

To all those people who stopped by the Pratt Hobbies booth, both to meet me, and gawk at some of the large motor projects I've been working on with Doug, a great big thanks. I enjoyed meeting folks. Gene, you're as much a "character" in person as here on RMR. I hope that you'll come up to Canadia next year for LDRS 24!

It was a pleasure meeting Ky Michaelson, and his CSXT crew. Most of the crew are also amateur radio licensees--so my bond of brotherhood extends beyond rocketry :-)

It was cool meeting Gary Rosenfield. He came by and fondled my big black thruster :-) :-) :-)

It was a complete pleasure hanging out with Doug Pratt and his son Brian. Brian has motor envy, and since he's only 16, he can do naught but envy for a couple of years. But I let him lug my big motors around whenever the opportunity presented itself. He seemed to enjoy the experience. Having breakfast at Ericas Place, err, I mean Dennys was a hoot...

I met Ivan Galysh and his charming wife Marta. Ivan is a big fan of my 38mm motors, and it was a real treat to meet finally meet him.

Todd Moore and I spent some time together chewing the (hybrid :-) ) fat, and talked of many currently-unexplored ideas in hobby hybrid technology.

Even though I didn't actually fly anything this time (last minute plan changes resulted in my opting for an aeronautic mode of transport to Geneseo), I had a great time. I found the event to be entirely lacking in the nastiness that erupts here on RMR from time to time.

Next year, I fully expect y'all to come up to Canadia for LDRS. I'll be taking attendance, and I'll be telling your parents if you don't show up. :-)

-Marcus Head Lumberjack Propulsion Polymers

Reply to
Marcus Leech

My kid did K's many moons ago and bigger since. Do not restrain our youth unnecessarily.

That's what cranes are for :)

Like non-DOT approval needed sealed oxidizer tank hybrids for example?

Point.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Great post, Marcus! Really makes me wish I were there. I hope Tripoli Vegas gets to host LDRS after Canada -- that would be close enough for me to make it.

Reply to
RayDunakin

The pleasure was all mine, Marcus. I hope to see you in '05 for LDRS (I Hope I can make it) and/or the 'hybrid event' that we talked about.

Todd

Reply to
Todd Moore

There was alway a fresh stack of HPR Magazine paper goods. They were the dual purpose issues.

Reply to
Phil Stein

Want examples?

ROC Stock (all) (side) LDRS-Lucerne (side) LDRS-Kansas (side)

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Thanks for providing some examples, but obviously the layouts used by these two clubs hardly justifies your broad accusation against "TRA launches".

Reply to
RayDunakin

Jerry said he was going to be... but I guess $40K decided otherwise. :)

Doug

Reply to
Rocketweb

You could have used the one by pad #27. Just don't trip over the wires :-)

Bob Kaplow

He's probably right :-)

Bob Kaplow

Jerry , you dont even know me. But i know for a fact you were NOT at LDRS...and you were the one who wrote that about the TRA, not me. As for my Mom, she will b#tch slap you for that comment, i guarantee! Try coming east and see how long you last at a launch. Cant you for once give ANYONE credit??...oh thats right...your name is Jerry Irvine..

Reply to
JAO6469

You did not even leave in the comment you are replying to!

Since you are threatining me with violence "on sight" for expressing an opinion on a usenet newsgroup, the least you could do is remind me what was so agregious.

Oh, and admit who you are.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Jerry - you need to be bitch slapped for this inaccurate intrepretation.

Reply to
Phil Stein

Reply to
W. E.Fred Wallace