GP cessna 182

Hi GUYS.. if i may have your attention just for a second then you may get back to the "other" things at at hand.. anyone have one of these planes? any tips? flying it? putting it together? I'm eager to get it together- then it can sit in the house till the spring.. then after i'm done with this project then i'll ask the same questions about my AT-6 yes i bought one even though all the "flap" I'll just re enforce the firewall better and stick with a small engine..61 fx... thanks.. ok guys you can get back to the "other thread" Gig..

Reply to
GaijinGig

Hehe, I think you are referring to the Mexican thread :-)

-- Wood floats... We can make it fly...

Stefan Pettersen

Reply to
Stefan Pettersen

Reply to
GaijinGig

Very nice flying plane. I have an Enya .53 4 stroke in mine and get very scale like flight. It is just a tad bit underpowered for "sport" flying (ie: 45+ degree takeoffs, sustained vertical, vertical eights, etc) but it looks and flies like a Cessna should with no problem. A .61 will be way overpowered in my opinion. A .46 would be better. With my .53 I needed about 6 ounces of lead in the tailcone.

Only change I made was with the elevator linkage. I used a combination of a Dave Brown fiberglass pushrod and Sullivan golden rods for an actuator instead of the cobbled up way that GP wants you to do it. I'll send you pictures if you want to see it.

Don

Reply to
Don Hatten

Hehe, you are welcome here anytime! I see that you wanted my e-mail. I sent it to you, but maybe I sent it to the wrong mail-adress. My mail is snipped-for-privacy@stefan.no Good luck with your Cessna :-)