LDRS 23 DVDs - Where?

I went to LDRS23 but never picked up a DVD. Is anyone still selling DVDs of LDRS23? Any vendors at NERF selling them?

Thanks.

Joe C.

Joe C

james hendricksen

Yes. Chuck Rudy - Voodoo Digital. It's excellent.

Reply to
Phil Stein

Joe

I just sent BobbyB a resupply and he'll have the entire show from the first morning till the B 17 landed on tuesday......in between there was some excitement, some cool flights and some really cool flights. The music video is here for a preview......

Chuck

VooDoo Digital Productions

Oh yeah, we'll be taping at NERRF too, and we'll be at the Dayz Inn lounge at NYPOWER too. Just a glutten for punishment.

Reply to
Chuck Rudy

I've watched many rocketry videos by multiple parties: Point39, Extreme Rocketry, Ray Halm, Chuck Rudy, Rocketman, Mach Diamond Productions and one or two more. Chuck has done a good job. I've watched most of the two discs between mixing epoxy and laying fiberglass, but have some more to go.

Unlike some videos that I've purchased and watched, Chuck seems to have an understanding of how to make a movie. There was stuff that I would have liked to have included, and perhaps Chuck would have included it but ran out of disc. A walk down "vendor row" and some sweeps through the crowd would have been nice. Everybody likes to be on TV. I was at Argonia when Discovery Channel was there, got taped but didn't make it into the show. Some brief coverage of the field/airport and range operations would have been appreciated. Every group seems to run a range differently. But overall it's one of the best I've seen. It has text overlays to provide a rocket's owner's name, the motor, etc. (Chuck, check the spelling of Massachusetts:-)

I have an appreciation for what it takes to make a DVD. I've edited four simple ones so far. It takes a lot of time. Whatever software Chuck used has more features than the software that I use.

I also look forward to seeing CATO Television's disc, which covers LDRS

2004, Midwest Power 2004 and a little more.

If you're going to do a special project for a launch that's likely to be recorded, like LDRS, think about making some video for background info. It would have been nice to have some shots of the insides of some rockets and shots during construction. Even still photos would be good.

Dean

Reply to
Dean

Thanks!. I'll make sure I pick up a copy and hopefully I'll see you there.

Joe C.

Reply to
Joe C

Not taping at the Days Inn, I hope. You know what they say....what happens at the Days Inn Lounge, stays there. ;)

-Rich

Chuck Rudy wrote:

Reply to
Rich Pitzeruse

Rich

I didn't tell anyone what you did with that.....whoops.....never mind.

Chuck

Reply to
Chuck Rudy

(Chuck,

Dean

I caught that one after they were off being duplicated.....but Geneseeo someone else caught :-), however it was spelled correctly on the cover. So either way I spelled it right, once.

Chuck

Reply to
Chuck Rudy