Friday LDRS photos!!!

Well, I hung out behind the camera on Friday and I think I got a good chunk of the flights that went up.

If you want your rockets identified on the website, feel free to send me that info. (and which photo # it goes to)

If you'd like the fullsize image for your computer desktop, printouts, whatever.. shoot me a message and I'll hook ya up. Though I ask that you give me credit if it's on the web or in print.

-Dan

Reply to
Dan Chandler

It's down. Maybe you shouldn't have cc'ed this message to Slashdot.

Rob

Reply to
Rob Carr

aah yeah... shoulda mentioned, I've got the connections limited so I don't completely kill my bandwidth.

If you get an error, try again in a few minutes.

-Dan

Reply to
Dan Chandler

It's working OK for me right now, and has been for the past half hour.

Great photos, Dan and Guy. Thanks for making them available.

...Rick

Rob Carr wrote:

Reply to
Rick Dunseith

You didn't give your email address, and your reply-to looks like an anonymous...so I replied to the group. Sorry for the waste of bandwidth for those who are limited.

Cool. You caught 3 images of my rocket "Reluctant" on the "Friday PM" page 1 of 7. They are images P1010025, P1010026 and P1010027. It was a scratchbuilt

4" powered by an AMW K670GG. It reached 6384 Ft.

I would appreciate having the full size images if you could email them to me.

I gave it the name "reluctant" after the motor reload I bought for it at last year's LDRS refused to light no matter what we used as an ignitor. I ended up returning that reload. As you can see, from the photos, this motor lit first time - no problem.

Thanks, Dan.

Jim Moran

Reply to
Cyberia

Jim M. wrote:

Reply to
RayDunakin

We ended up putting so much pyrogen on that last igniter it probably added a D impulse to the motor. :-) :-) Still no go. The motor was disassembled and grain ends and core sanded too. It was dead, dead, dead.

I forgot to mention that after the beautiful flight this year, Reluctant disappeared entirely. I lost sight of it when I looked away to reassure the LCO that it was under drogue, and never saw it again that day.

Some kind soul found it and turned it in. A couple of friends of ours were kind enough to go out of their way to deliver it to my hotel room. I was very glad not to have lost that R-DAS. Rocket folks are good people.

Jim

Reply to
Cyberia

For anyone looking to contact Dan directly, just back off the above URL (ie. use

and you'll find contact info for Dan.

...Rick

Reply to
Rick Dunseith

Excellent photos! Great camera. And you have a super photo of my Sumo on a G64 (P1010090). I was wondering if I could load it and a copule of your others of my Black Brant X on my website and give you the credit? Thanks.

Joe C.

Joe C

Oh, MAN! That's just TOO cool...

Eldred

Reply to
EldredP

That is a "model rocket centric" perspective on HPR :)

Good job sir!

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine