Estes Andromeda Kit #1273 FA on eBay

Auction #5909114181, in great shape and a rare kit. Auction ends in about a week. Cat chewed hang tag on one side. Cat now deceased.

Reply to
P.K. Moore

WWOoofff!

Bob Kaplow

Reply to
Mike

What is it with cats and Andromedas? I have an original Andromeda I built in the early 1970's and I have it on display will all my other rockets. One day I go and look and see chew marks on one of the big fins at the tip! I was very upset. But we have 3 cats and I didn't know which one did it. I don't think I could get away with all 3 cats "disappearing". My kids and wife aren't that stupid. 8-)

Joe C.

Joe C

I could loan you my Katlofter...

Bob Kaplow

Bob...I thought about stuffing her in my LOC MiniMag and lofting her to about 1500' on a Pro38 "I" motor (after all, that IS why I added the coupler and extra section of body tube), but my wife vetoed the plan. Fortunately, the cat likes to run out any opened door any time one is opened. I come home late one night, she runs out the door as I go in and....VOILA! Late night coyote snack! It will be revenge enough if the Andromeda sells for big bucks.

P.K. Moore

Reply to
P.K. Moore

I must confess that the Katlofter was made from scraps of other trashed rockets, and a gallon plastic salad dressing container. But it is totally untested, most certainly underpowered, and if it did get of the pad, would most likely prang. WHich I see as a feature, not a problem.

Bob Kaplow