Ebay auction: Rivett 1020S lathe

Gang,
It's been a while since I've posted, but I thought I'd let you all
know that I've got my Rivett 1020S up on Ebay for sale. If you're
looking for a classic manual toolroom lathe, check it out!
Here's a link to the auction....

Thanks,
Dan
Reply to
Dan Cassaro
You must really love your wife. My better half wouldn't make me choose between her and a fine lathe like this.
Karl
Reply to
Karl Townsend
NICE!!!
The 10E and the 1020s....the top two American lathes ever made with Hardinge HLV-H as a distant 3rd.
Gunner
I am the Sword of my Family and the Shield of my Nation. If sent, I will crush everything you have built, burn everything you love, and kill every one of you. (Hebrew quote)
Reply to
Gunner Asch
Karl, When she's right, she's right. There's no room for two, but it does feel like I'm selling off one of my kids.... Darn, I hate to part with it. Dan PS Glad to see you and Gunner are still hangin' out here. I really miss the group...
Reply to
Dan Cassaro
Very nice lathe! Sure wish that had a 5C spindle... (not to mention being a few thousand miles closer)
Jon
Reply to
Jon Anderson
Well, it sold in the first few hours.... I guess the price was too low. Dan
Reply to
Dan Cassaro
That was a really great price for a very complete package. A great deal!
Ignoramus6489
Come back and hang out whenever you get the urge!!
And have you considered expanding the room a tiny bit? You could indeed keep both if you expanded out 5x8 feet. Thats a weekend project at most.
Gunner
I am the Sword of my Family and the Shield of my Nation. If sent, I will crush everything you have built, burn everything you love, and kill every one of you. (Hebrew quote)
Reply to
Gunner Asch
Hmm ... based on this from the
site referenced in the auction:
"Collets could be fitted either directly into the headstock spindle - in which case the maximum capacity was 11/8" "
it *does* take 5C collets directly in the spindle. (The 1-1/8" size is the maximum grip of the 5C if *not* passing through the spindle, and 1" maximum for through the spindle (limited by the drawbar size)).
I would *love* to have that lathe -- but I'm retired and don't have that kind of money.
Enjoy, DoN.
Reply to
DoN. Nichols
The problem was you did a Buy it Now. I had notified 2 other guys about it..and they RAN to their computers only to find out it had gone Buy It Now.
Never ever do that on a desireable machine. Let the auction go full term.
Gunner
I am the Sword of my Family and the Shield of my Nation. If sent, I will crush everything you have built, burn everything you love, and kill every one of you. (Hebrew quote)
Reply to
Gunner Asch
And the buyer's thinking "Awww, geez ... maybe I should have just bid on it - maybe I could have got it for less."
You got what you asked - take the money & buy that CNC you want.
Bob
Reply to
Bob Engelhardt
Hmm, maybe the thread and taper match, but... I saw one at Scott Machinery in Sacramento years ago, it was listed as 5C, but I'd heard the Rivetts took a different collet. Nobody was around the showroom, so I wandered over to a cabinet full of collets, picked out a 5C, and fitted it into the spindle. It did fit, but the face of the collet was set back from the end of the spindle. Don't recall by how much, but I thought it was a fairly significant amount.
Jon
Reply to
Jon Anderson
Yes -- later reading more carefully through the auction description I saw the collet listed -- and yes, it was not a 5C, even though it took the same range of workpieces. Certainly good enough if it came with a full set of collets -- but if you needed a weird one, you were probably SOL.
Enjoy, DoN.
Reply to
DoN. Nichols