Aerial Photos

Brought my plane down with ice on it's wings, but got some nice pics... have a look on my website in "aerial photography"
-- Philip Rawson
www.flymodels.co.uk www.aeromodeller.org
Philip Rawson wrote:

Impressive. I must have a go when I've built a load carrier big enough.

On Tue, 24 Aug 2004 22:24:40 GMT, "Philip Rawson" <please.contact.me thro.my

Some very decent shots indeed Philip, I like the simplicity of the way you implemented the camera and shutter operation, yet very effective.
I've been considering something like this myself and seeing your pics etc, has given me a little more motivation, I already have a very small 2meg Nikon camera which I no longer use as I've upgraded my camera's a couple of times since. I had been considering buying a miniature wireless camera with transmitter to transmit the images back but was concerned whether it would have had sufficient range... not sure how much the plane height would have benefited the signal however.
Well done... I like it!
Regards
Mike
Very nice work, and great quality pics!
wrote in message

have
wrote in message

have
Such a fun time. I miss R/C airplane flying - haven't done it in 28 years. I imagine the sport has changed at bit since then.
Love the use of digital cameras for such interesting uses.
--
Malcolm

wrote in message

have
Very cool. Thanks for sharing.
On Tue, 24 Aug 2004 22:24:40 GMT, "Philip Rawson" <please.contact.me thro.my snipped-for-privacy@www.flymodels.co.uk> wrote:

Nice pictures Philip, I enjoyed browsing around on your site.
A while back I tried a friends pencam taped to the undercarrage of my Ready2 and got some OK videos. I have been looking for a suitable camera to buy ever since so now I have an idea of what to go for.
Thanks, Nick
On Tue, 24 Aug 2004 22:24:40 GMT, "Philip Rawson" <please.contact.me thro.my snipped-for-privacy@www.flymodels.co.uk> wrote:

Hi Philip,
It's been a while since I checked your site. I see you are still going great with the model building and aerial pics. My aerial pics with the Telemaster and the Samsung Digimax 300 have been on hold due to the abominable heat and humidity here this summer. What little flying I've done is with my Miss Martha, a real "hot-rod", sort of small also.
But the past spring, I made a number of flights with the Telemaster, both taking in the Movie mode and still mode. Each flight helped teach me some of the things to avoid. First, the movie mode resolution was not very worthwhile except as a novelty, which soon wore off. Then the single shot mode flights were initially blurred from engine exhaust onto the lens. Then I turned the camera to the side. That solved the oil on the lens, but it was tough to keep the wing level enough to get consistent ground shots. Lots of interesting cumulus cloud shots, though. Also most of my flights were at 500 feet or lower, and that necessitates frequent turns to keep it in sight. All turns or banks thus contribute to the motion blur. So, my final technique is to aim the camera rearward, and try to hold the plane as steady as possible for each shot. Finally, got some acceptable shots, even with the altitude limit.
When the weather finally cools off in a few weeks, will resume. But in the meantime, other photographic activities take up my interest.
Olin McDaniel To reply by email, please remove "abcd" from Return address ----------------------------------------------------- "Ignorance is treatable, Stupidity is incurable. Sometimes the difference is hardly distinguishable, however."
Excellent clarity there. :-))
wrote in message

have

Always nice to revisit such an excellent R/C oriented website. Well Done! Andy
We can make a box of wood.....FLY!!