Catching clouds

Nearly lost my plane taking aerial photos... I didn't post the pics of the inside of the cloud 'cos they're just grey. The others are good though...

Look in "aerial photography" on my site.

-- Philip Rawson

Philip Rawson

Some really nice work. You really like to tinker, don't you?

---Atreju---

Reply to
Atreju

Amazing. Does the camera sit on top of the wing? Did you have to brace it against the force of the wind, or is it stable with just the mount you showed on your site? Bravo.

-Steve.

Philip Raws> Nearly lost my plane taking aerial photos... I didn't post the pics of the

Reply to
Steve in Phx

I use the mount that I've shown on my website as it is. The camera is held by it's tripod mount. It hasn't fallen off yet!

-- Philip Rawson

Philip Rawson

Very nice work Philip!................that pic of the plane chasing another is great. I think if the carb needle was not showing it would look like the pic was taken from a full scale in back of another. Excellent photography.

Mike

Reply to
Mike R

Excellent!

Articus

Reply to
Articus Drools

I am always shooting clouds, but not from your vantage point. Those are amazing!

Reply to
wendeebee

is it possible to take stills from the video? I have this same camera and have been thinking of doing this as well,.

Reply to
tailfeathers

Yes as the video is made up of a series of still frames. Many video editing software packages (eg Pinnacle) include facilities to capture stills very easily. The downside is that the resolution will be about 720 x 576 pixles (PAL pictures).

Regards Peter

Reply to
Peter Seddon

Video frames are generally extremely compressed, and very small. The compression schemes take time into account more than static frame quality, and the stills generally suffer.

Reply to
JPS

Yes, but the stills would be very low resolution (320x240) and be highly compressed. They look best as part of a movie.

-- Philip Rawson

Philip Rawson