Just a few observations on the GWS P-51D Park Flyer I just put together.

First, this is a great park flyer. I've only just started getting involved in RC aircraft, and my only previous plane is the J-3 (also by GWS which makes me sound like a salesman! Lol.)

Construction was simple, of course, I'd write the directions somewhat differently as (being a noobie) the purposes of some of the things you do don't make immediate sense until you look at the overall construction of the plane (ugh, what grammar...) Parts fit reasonable well. Manufacturing was fine.

I would recommend the four bladed optional prop (and don't forget the spinner mount for a 4-bladed prop too ;).)

I was surprised at how well this park flyer 'flew.' It has good power, and you can do acrobatics with it. Not back for $50+.

Anybody else have one of these? I'm thinking of getting their A-10 ducted fan park flyer soon, right after I put the optional retractable gear on my P-51D ;).

WTH

Reply to
WTH

"WTH" wrote something like this:

Do a search for the A-10 in RCGroups, from what I hear many are dissapointed by it's power to weight, and it doesn't fly well unless you keep it extremly light.

This is not from own experience, and I really do like the GWS parkflyers, but I dont want you to be dissapointed with your 3'd plane...

Reply to
GuW

GuW bored us with:

Very much appreciated :).

WTH

Reply to
WTH

I've got the Spitfire, flying with it's original motor and 8 AAA cells, it's great. I've also got the Corsair flying on an AXI 2212/20 with a 3 cell LiIon pack... It's a different beast altogether... effortless vertical and huge aerobatics, but with the same good low speed handling. Great value for money.... Details on my website.

-- Philip Rawson

Philip Rawson

Abour your Corsair with the AXI 2212/20...how much did it weigh by any chance? I have an AXI 2212/34 sitting here trying to figure out what to do with it, and I want to make sure whatever plane I choose has the qualities you describe.

Reply to
Frank Costa

My Corsair came out at 20oz all up with the AXI and 3 Konion LiIon cells, 3 servos etc. A bit more that it's design weight, probably 'cos I put rather a lot of paint on the plane. It flies really nicely though...

-- Philip Rawson

Manufacturing

Reply to
Philip Rawson