DML P-51D

I just picked up one of the new(ish) DML P-51D kits. To the eyeball, in the box, it looks like, well, a P-51D. It has recessed panel lines, of course, and a lot of recessed rivet details. Unfortunately, it has this abundance of recessed rivets on the wings as well. As I remember, in order to get the smoothest airflow over the airfoil, all the P-51D wings had the rivets puttied over and the wings painted aluminum. Did DML screw the pooch on the wings or am I just suffering from a senior moment?

Also, I found a couple 1/32 scale decal sheets for the "D" but not many on the Squadron site and the same ones on the Eagle Strike/Aeromaster site. There must be more than that. Can someone refer me to a source for 1/32 scale P-51 decals?

Reply to
Bill Woodier

Ron Smith

tomcervo

I read the review link for the model at greatmodels.com. from what I read it is the worlds worst waste of petroleum. fun to read as he really tears the kit apart.

Craig

Reply to
crw59

Looks like they employed the grandson of the 'Airfix Riveter'

P51 - 5000 rivets flying in close formation ?

T.

Reply to
Tony Gartshore

A shame, since the molding, as opposed to the modeling, looks first rate--one of those "shake the box and out comes a model" kits.

Reply to
tomcervo