I need a good electric park flyer????

I have had to give up my gas plane and change to a electric park flyer

and I am not sure where to start. My son got a ducted fan jet the A- intruder, but it was not very good he and I tried to get it to fly wit no luck. So because of space and his frustration I am changing t electric can any one recomend a good model for us that will not brea the bank for him perhaps one that is complete in the box???????????

-- bamaflye

----------------------------------------------------------------------- bamaflyer's Profile:

this thread:

bamaflyer

Beginner Parkflyers

aeropal

GWS e-starter.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

View this thread:

GWS E-Starter and GWS Slow Stick are good planes for a beginner aswell as expert. If you like electric ducted fan try a GWS A-!0... need to have some flight time under your belt for this one. Global Wattage makes a ducted fan F86 Saber. The above are ARF foamies. If you are looking for balsa ARF's then look at the E-Flight Accent ( powered glider ) and Gypsy. For Great Planes : EP Piper Cub or Yard Stick

Good luck Mike

Reply to
Mike R

Parkzone Aerobird Challenger or V-slow stick (or something). Then move up to the F-27 Stryker, which rocks!

Reply to
Dr KC

| GWS E-Starter and GWS Slow Stick are good planes for | a beginner aswell as expert. If you like electric ducted fan try a GWS | A-!0... need to have some flight time under your belt for this one. Global | Wattage makes a ducted fan F86 Saber.

Avoid the electric ducted fan planes. A ducted fan takes a pretty big efficiency hit over a standard prop -- you need more power to get the same performance -- so in order to get decent performance out of an electric, you need to spend a lot more money. The GWS ducted fan planes generally barely fly until you start using lipo batteries and brushless motors.

| The above are ARF foamies. If you are looking for balsa ARF's then | look at the E-Flight Accent ( powered glider ) and Gypsy. For Great | Planes : EP Piper Cub or Yard Stick

For a beginner, foamies are probably a good idea, as they tend to survive crashes better. And unless you're flying with somebody on a buddy box, they will crash a lot at first.

Reply to
Doug McLaren

The GWS Tiger Moth is a good choice, it comes with motor, you supply a micro reciever and two micro servos, a 10 amp speed control and small NiMh or Lipoly battery packs. Go to Aeromicro.com or Balsa Products for everything you need. Mountain Models has a number of good flying balsa kit that use inexpensive GWS geardrives, etc. example Cessna 180 Get on RC Grouls E-Zone, Parkflyers and Beginners sections, to get advice and help.

View this thread:

garyg

I just built an electric Decathalon from Clays hobbies.

Reply to
jim breeyear

I think you mean the Parkzone Slo-V.

This is the model I fly. It's the only RC plane I have, so I can't offer any comparisons. I have flown it five times on the first prop (no hard crashes), so it must be somewhat simple.

I picked it 'cuz I went into the hobby store near my house one Friday after work and told them I wanted to fly a plane the next morning. And I did.

Reply to
Psuedo Nym

I have a Graupner Mini Piper which I love. I fly on 8 cells and a brushless Astroflight 010, but great performance can be had with the stock motor and 8 cells also. Very nice flyer, both sporty and slow depending on what you want to do. It's an ARF and sells for around $40. Check Hobby Lobby.

Brian

Reply to
BDM