I need a good electric park flyer????

I have had to give up my gas plane and change to a electric park flyer
and I am not sure where to start. My son got a ducted fan jet the A-
intruder, but it was not very good he and I tried to get it to fly wit no luck. So because of space and his frustration I am changing t electric can any one recomend a good model for us that will not brea the bank for him perhaps one that is complete in the box???????????
-- bamaflye ----------------------------------------------------------------------- bamaflyer's Profile: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/member.php?action=getinfo&useridV33 View this thread: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid3464
Beginner Parkflyers http://beginnerparkflyers.nexuswebs.net/index.html
bamaflyer wrote:

GWS e-starter.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/member.php?action=getinfo&useridV336
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid34640
GWS E-Starter and GWS Slow Stick are good planes for a beginner aswell as expert. If you like electric ducted fan try a GWS A-!0... need to have some flight time under your belt for this one. Global Wattage makes a ducted fan F86 Saber. The above are ARF foamies. If you are looking for balsa ARF's then look at the E-Flight Accent ( powered glider ) and Gypsy. For Great Planes : EP Piper Cub or Yard Stick
Good luck Mike
| GWS E-Starter and GWS Slow Stick are good planes for | a beginner aswell as expert. If you like electric ducted fan try a GWS | A-!0... need to have some flight time under your belt for this one. Global | Wattage makes a ducted fan F86 Saber.
Avoid the electric ducted fan planes. A ducted fan takes a pretty big efficiency hit over a standard prop -- you need more power to get the same performance -- so in order to get decent performance out of an electric, you need to spend a lot more money. The GWS ducted fan planes generally barely fly until you start using lipo batteries and brushless motors.
| The above are ARF foamies. If you are looking for balsa ARF's then | look at the E-Flight Accent ( powered glider ) and Gypsy. For Great | Planes : EP Piper Cub or Yard Stick
For a beginner, foamies are probably a good idea, as they tend to survive crashes better. And unless you're flying with somebody on a buddy box, they will crash a lot at first.

Parkzone Aerobird Challenger or V-slow stick (or something). Then move up to the F-27 Stryker, which rocks!
Dr KC wrote:

I think you mean the Parkzone Slo-V. (http://www.parkzone.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=PKZ1300 )
This is the model I fly. It's the only RC plane I have, so I can't offer any comparisons. I have flown it five times on the first prop (no hard crashes), so it must be somewhat simple.
I picked it 'cuz I went into the hobby store near my house one Friday after work and told them I wanted to fly a plane the next morning. And I did.
I have a Graupner Mini Piper which I love. I fly on 8 cells and a brushless Astroflight 010, but great performance can be had with the stock motor and 8 cells also. Very nice flyer, both sporty and slow depending on what you want to do. It's an ARF and sells for around $40. Check Hobby Lobby.
Brian

The GWS Tiger Moth is a good choice, it comes with motor, you supply a micro reciever and two micro servos, a 10 amp speed control and small NiMh or Lipoly battery packs. Go to Aeromicro.com or Balsa Products for everything you need. Mountain Models has a number of good flying balsa kit that use inexpensive GWS geardrives, etc. example Cessna 180 Get on RC Grouls E-Zone, Parkflyers and Beginners sections, to get advice and help.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/member.php?action=getinfo&useridV336
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid34640
bamaflyer wrote:

I just built an electric Decathalon from Clays hobbies.