Re: Accident

Plug in this url, then enter curmudgeon...

Thanks.

My dictionary clearly is not Webster's, as it describes curmudgeon as miser, >and that seemed way out of place. >I guess it's time to change. > >PS >My lovely lady sometimes has the same odd ideas. I wonder why? > >-- >Rgds, >Pé >From Arcen, South-East in the Netherlands >preivers >@ >mvvs-nl.com >

Reply to
David AMA40795 / KC5UH

In Australia we have a system that makes it mandatory for all planes over 7kg to be inspected by an Authorised MOP inspector. This involves obtaining a form from our governing body and having it completed by the inspector before the first flight. Any changes to model (like installation of different engine etc) or change in ownership require a re-inspection. This, at least can stop accidents waiting to happen due to poor building etc. on larger more lethal planes.

At club level, our club demands modelers use restraining stakes in the pits. In practice the stakes vary from beautifully crafted foot stirrups to large tent pegs that are driven into the ground with a greater than propeller arc distance apart. The models wings then rest against the stakes. Wooden ones are not advised as they tend to be stolen by Buffy's friends.

We also have tried to educate all our members to do all adjustments, removal of glow drivers, tacho readings from behind the model.

Since we made the stakes mandatory we have suffered less trips to the casualty dept of our local hospital to stitch up lacerated hands. Bob Tomlinson Aussie RC'er and Rugby fanatic

snipped-for-privacy@iinet.net.au

You know what NOT to remove to email.

Reply to
rcflier

We just had a very stupid incident at our field this weekend and your rule interests me. How did you adopt it? Please share the steps and the exact text of the rule.

TIA

Jim Branaum AMA 1428

Six_O'clock_High Target snipped-for-privacy@Guns.com

Reply to
Six_O'Clock_High

Thanks. It worked after stripping the URL to the root.

Reply to
Pé Reivers

Thanks for the text, now how about the battle getting it adopted. I would like to know some of the gory details as it can be assumed that they will be similar for all.

Reply to
Six_O'Clock_High

I would be very hesitant to put through a rule that specified that a plane must be restrained using just one method. There are others, for example, a strap that wraps around the tail/rear fuselage, or a U shaped tail restraint...

My prefered method is the strap...

The bit about facing the plane away from people and cars is good though...

-- Philip Rawson

philip-rawson