Website update...

Not a plane this time, but it's not completely off topic...

I've just finished a model of an Olympic class Tornado catamaran... full details on my website.

Included is info about glass/epoxy finishing techniques...

-- Philip Rawson

Philip Rawson

Very, very Nice Phillip, I was beginning to think nobody else had this idea! Im building an RC Hobie right now as well - no pics yet but soon. Shes not actually a Hobie but the design is based off of my real 14 ft performance cat I just finished this spring!

Keep it up - if you can post maiden report!

:)

Reply to
Hobiestoke

I've got an old Hobie 14. There's only one time to race sail boats, that's when there onw other sail boat in the water........... :) mk

Reply to
MK

Great work Phillip.

Capsize it will, but at least you won't wear your self out righting it. mk

Reply to
MK

I'd like to see someone elses take on a model cat... I've never seen another.

Ahh, you must of just looked at the pictures... the Tornado has sailed... it's fast and, when I get the hang of it should sail on one hull.

-- Philip Rawson

Philip Rawson

Yes I was at work when I first looked at the site and only had time t

glance at the pics...Ive looked at it a bit more thouroughl now...impressive! Those hulls look dead on -Tornado-! I have to wai till spring to sail mine because where I live they are re-building th sailing pond to be larger. But here a few pics of where im at now o the build - mast is 4 feet tall hulls are 30" and I believe nealry 18 wide. I am going to use left over polyester epoxy to glass it, an instead of clothing the boat I'm just planning on giving it like thick epoxy coats then sanding smooth since the surface will be lik cottage cheese by then. :p

I love your molded keels! I ended up using copper tubing that I fille with lead shot and plugged the end with wood and sanded down to torpedo shape I dont think the weigh quite a pound but close. Im hopin the wide stance will help - if not, im a good swimmer! :)

The sails are rip-stop nylon panels sewn together and the battens ar thin strips of polystyrene carefully epoxied on. Im looking forward t spending more time on this baby now! :

Hobiestoke