And about time too!

Just updated my website, there's a Glen's 30% Cap on the bb at the
moment...
--
Philip Rawson

philip-rawson
I'll be intrested to know what you think of the hingeing system Phil, why use 10 pieces, when 150 will do the job. Mine has only been on the BB for 2 years, yes thats TWO years. The airframe 'flew' together, but the whole project has stagnated, mainly due to the fact that I can't get my head around the hinges. Tell me, how would you go about cyanoing the hinges in place,before covering, which is what the instructions says ? ( & making a neat job of it ). Cheers. Ray.
Reply to
djindivik
I can't think of a better hinging system that will allow the sort of throws that it's possible to get on Glen's big Cap. Sure, the fitting is a bit fiddly with the leading edge cutouts on the control surfaces, and gluing seems to be a bit of a headache... I'm going to cover the leading edges of the control surfaces first, then cut the covering away from the holes where the hinges fit. Fit the hinges and therefore the control surfaces, then complete the covering . On the elevators, I'm going to cut some small holes in the tailplane sheeting to get the cyano in the right place.
-- Philip Rawson

philip-rawson