BT-5's

Mail lady just left, dropped off the winnings I got from the last auction on ebay I bidded on.

Now I'm going to have to design something that'll put 3 nice BT-5's to use. Oh ya, each one is 3ft long too.

Reply to
Starlord

1/4A Super-Roc?
Reply to
Anonymous

To bad the old MPC Minijet "B" isn't around anymore, a 9+ft tall BT5 "B" Superroc.

Now if only next month the guy would auction off some BT-50's the same size!

Reply to
Starlord

You never know what that guy will auction off next.

If you can't wait for an auction, feel free to just place a regular order. BT-5,

20, 50 and 55 available as well as nose cones and rings.

-Fred Shecter NAR 20117

Reply to
Fred Shecter

When I want those coins I go to the post office, buy a 37cent stamp from the machine with a $5.00 bill and get 4 of them in the change.

Reply to
Starlord

Cool, but you will get Golden Dollars from 2000, and Apollo XI dollars (OK, they're SBA dollars, but if the Indian Head Nickel can be called a "Buffalo Nickel", then I can call the SBA the Apollo XI dollar) from 1979, 1980, and 1999.

They never released any GDs to the banks for 2002, 2003 and 2004. they sold them direct from the Mint for a hefty premium. 2003 and 2004 are amazing condition. 2002 was so-so condition since they had planned to just send them to the banks, and then changed their minds (to make more profit).

2001 was sent to the banks, but none came to the So Cal area because the Fed here had loaded up on millions of 2000 GDs and still has plenty. They don't wear out and need to be replaced like the rag-dollars do.

If you find any 2001 GDs, they either came in from outside the area or were spent by a collector who bought them from the Mint. If you find any 1981 (SBA), 2002, 2003 or 2004 GDs then they definitely came from a collector who either spent them or had them stolen.

I've left a few as part of tips.

35th anniversary coming up. Time to load up on Apollo XI dollar coins before they melt them all down.

-Fred Shecter NAR 20117

Reply to
Fred Shecter

Fred,

Have any pictures or descriptions of these?

BERSERKER instructions, fins, 'chute & nose - use your own tubes $5.95 NEANDERTHAL instructions, fins, 'chute & nose - use your own tubes $5.95 CRO-MAG ROCKET KIT (out of stock) $14.95

These may fit my current mood!

Patrick - >You never know what that guy will auction off next.

Reply to
Patrick Harvey

Photo on bottom of second page shows the Neanderthal. The Berserker is the same with clipped-delta fins. They were designed for a teacher who had *very* little money. The teacher wanted a model they could duplicate themselves by having the students save certain tubes from around the house and then the teacher just bought a few 'rocket' tubes and other easy to find items (9" long BT-20 for motor mount, Easter eggs for cone, launch lugs, 3/32" thick balsa for fins, 1/8" wide elastic for shock cord, etc.). The tubes are the cores from Sparkle brand paper towels. The couplers for the tubes and the nose are cut from the core tube of a roll of aluminum foil. It nests perfectly inside the Sparkle tube. Over the years, the Sparkle tube quality has gone downhill, so I've grown tired of trying to sort through the tubes I get when the towels are gone. That's why I don't make those kits anymore.

The Cro-Mag has been made, but not in a kit. The reason is time/laziness/other more important things. I make them for local classes where I teach folks how to build them. Therefore I have not written the instruction sheets - which is what prevents the kits from being made. The kit uses 3 feet of genuine BT-55 (glassine coated and identical to that sold by Estes since it comes from the same paper company). It has an ogive balsa nose cone and a card stock boat tail to adapt the BT-55 down to the BT-50 motor tube (just like the MeggALOFTER). It's like a high performance, slimmed down, shorter Mean Machine. Fins are the same as the MeggALOFTER.

Here is a photo of a MeggALOFTER built incorrectly - they glued the fins on with the leading edge against the tube instead of the root edge:

I have a better photo, but it is a printed photo, not digital and not posted anywhere. I've taken digital photos in the past and used them when I eBayed a MeggALOFTER, but I don't have that digital photo with me right now.

The cheap-o catalog has drawings and descriptions/specs of all the models except the Cro-Mag.

-Fred Shecter NAR 20117

Fred Shecter