Window AC unit questions Fridgidaire FAA087P7A

We just got a Fridgidaire FAA087P7A3 8000 BTU window unit to cool a garage area. It is equipped with a "dongle" type power cord which includes some sort of arc fault detector in the event the power cord is crushed. It appears that all the protection "works" are in the power plug. I am contemplating a permanent installation of this unit in a wall sleeve and wiring to a dedicated junction box.

If I remove the existing power cord / dongle. Can I wire directly to a dedicated circuit?

Reply to
**THE-RFI-EMI-GUY**

Should be fine, but you need to provide for some sort of service disconnect within sight.

John

Reply to
John Ray

The a/c still needs a disconnecting means. Seems like a lot of work to me.

Reply to
SQLit

Are you sure the AC actually works?

If I remove the existing power cord / dongle. Can I wire directly to a dedicated circuit?

-- Joe Leikhim K4SAT "The RFI-EMI-GUY"

The Lost Deep Thoughts By: Jack Handey Before a mad scientist goes mad, there's probably a time when he's only partially mad. And this is the time when he's going to throw his best parties.

Reply to
Brian

Reply to
**THE-RFI-EMI-GUY**