Window AC unit questions Fridgidaire FAA087P7A

We just got a Fridgidaire FAA087P7A3 8000 BTU window unit to cool a
garage area. It is equipped with a "dongle" type power cord which
includes some sort of arc fault detector in the event the power cord is
crushed. It appears that all the protection "works" are in the power
plug. I am contemplating a permanent installation of this unit in a wall
sleeve and wiring to a dedicated junction box.
If I remove the existing power cord / dongle. Can I wire directly to a
dedicated circuit?
Reply to
**THE-RFI-EMI-GUY**
The code only requires the arc fault for bedrroms. So technically it may be legal to remove the plug. Why bother, unless you are routing all of the wiring internal to a wall cavity,
Reply to
me
Are you sure the AC actually works?
We just got a Fridgidaire FAA087P7A3 8000 BTU window unit to cool a garage area. It is equipped with a "dongle" type power cord which includes some sort of arc fault detector in the event the power cord is crushed. It appears that all the protection "works" are in the power plug. I am contemplating a permanent installation of this unit in a wall sleeve and wiring to a dedicated junction box.
If I remove the existing power cord / dongle. Can I wire directly to a dedicated circuit?
-- Joe Leikhim K4SAT "The RFI-EMI-GUY"
The Lost Deep Thoughts By: Jack Handey Before a mad scientist goes mad, there's probably a time when he's only partially mad. And this is the time when he's going to throw his best parties.
Reply to
Brian

Site Timeline