"Write Protect" Problem HELP

I have have a dwg file that was done in acad 2004LT. I keep getting the "write protect" box. I can't do anything
with it in 2004. How do I take the "write protect" off.
thanks,
Dennis

Try this: load the dwg, save it under a new name and close it, delete the original dwg, rename your saved dwg to the original name.
Jan

Or try: Open Windows Explorer, right click on file, select ''Properties'' and uncheck the box marked ''Read Only'' in the attribute section at the bottom of the dialog box. This will happen when you download files from a CD they were written to.

says...

Problem solved. Thanks all.
-Dennis

--
"

What was causing the problem and how did you solve it?
We can all learn from that.
Jan

This can sometimes happen when you copy drawings from a CDROM to hard disk: CDROMs are read-only and therefore Windows will copy the attribute (read-only) of the file as well as the file. Both methods mentioned above should fix this, but changing the file attribute is the easiest - especially if you have hundreds of drawings!

Files coming from CD always have 'read-only' marked when copyed to harddisk it has been so since there are CD-roms (approx 15years). That is so obvious that i even didn't gave that as an option. What i like to know from Dennis is:
What was causing the problem and how did you solve it?
Jan
"Disco Dave"

disk:
especially

I only needed to close the dwd, and reopen. I can't identify ahy the problen was solved.
Dennis

--
"Be suspicious of anybody who claims to know the truth."