Q: Designjet 430 and Autocad 14 plotting

Hi, I need to setup a HP Designjet 430 plotter to work with Autocad R14, running on Windows XP, and am having a problem getting a driver. I want to be able to set it up through Autocad, not as a system printer. I checked Autodesk support and HP support, neither had any solutions.

Does anyone have any experience with this setup?

Thanks, Eric

Reply to
Eric W

I think you're out in a desert. Autocad-14 is designed for win95/98 if it runs under XP that would be a miracle (we are now already 5 cad releases further). Autocad-14 uses the HDI-drivers, they are no longer created.

So, if you do get rel.14 running under XP, use the 430 as a system printer (if drivers available).

I don't give you much chance to find other drivers.

Jan

"Eric W" schreef in bericht news:DnAzc.7900$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr32.news.prodigy.com...

Reply to
JP

This is the set-up that I am using... I have no problems running R14 plots using XP Pro.

I don't remember doing anything special to make it work. I just loaded the software that came with the plotter. It seems that I went to the HP website and downloaded an updated driver after it was running, but, i didn't see a difference.

Ted Hicks

After *Eric W* tickled the keyboard, the following *text* showed up here:

Reply to
Arkatek