Plotting

I'm trying to plot from acad2004 thru a novel network to a hp designjet 600 using the windows driver that acad suggests. So far, I am getting it to work
(slowly) but the plot setup is confined to one layout and then i have to setup again for the next drawing. This especially happens when I close and re-open Acad.
Chuck