What is the best group to ask about ARX programing ?

Hi there,

I'm new to ARX programming and will most likely need some help.

What would be the best group to post questions so I don't bother everybody in all groups ?

Thanx

Francois

Reply to
Francois Dauberlieu

autodesk.autocad.objectarx reachable via newsreader at discussion.autodesk.com or via web interface at

Jeff Mishler

Thanx

Reply to
Francois Dauberlieu

You are dealing with a relatively difficult API to program with, and I too wished Autodesk put out specific groups for just arx programming.

However, take my advice and spare yourself countless hours of trouble with crashes and access violation:

USE SMART POINTERS WHENEVER OPENING AUTOCAD OBJECTS!!!!!!!

That is, wrap any object you open for reading or editing into a smart pointer that automatically closes (object->close()) the object!

Take my word for it, you will be glad you did! Autocad is VERY intolerant to objects that have been opened without being closed (it always crashes), and this is one the most common sources of faults in any arx program.

RCS

"Francois Dauberlieu" skrev i melding news:bmjt2q$oiu$ snipped-for-privacy@reader10.wxs.nl...

Reply to
Ixtlan

Use: autodesk.autocad.objectarx on the newsserver: discussion.autodesk.com

and it has been there for years.....

Ulf

Reply to
Ulf Lagerstrom

Thanks for the info!

RCS

"Ulf Lagerstrom" skrev i melding news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

Reply to
RCS

Thanks for the info. I set up a directory and data files for Forte Agent to access this server, but all the messages seem to be HTML attachments. Agent cannot see these as HTML.

How do y'all view the messages on this NNTP server?

Thank you, - Usano

Reply to
Usano

Yes, it is too bad that Agent does not handle it well. Use Outlook Express (that you already have) or use a shareware newsreader.

Ulf Commands and macros on your mouse buttons

- check it out at

You even get a true one-click zoom window!

Reply to
Ulf Lagerstrom