plotting problem

SW 2005 SP 0.1 WIN2K plotting to HP Designjet 500 HP-GL.
I wanted a 1=1 C size plot, loaded the sheet in the plotter in
"profile" and selected landscape in SW page setup. Margins were off and only plotted 90% of the drawig. I fixed the problem by loading the sheet in the plotter in "lanscape" and plotting in "landscape".
That means I cannot plot to D-size on this plotter using SW. Has anyone tried and had success with loading the sheet in profile and plotting in landscape?
Thanks in advance.
Arif Oguz