Scans and Plotting

Does anyone out there have experience with scans and plotting from AutoCAD. An example of what I am trying to do is scan a piece of a map, attach the image to an AutoCAD 2004 drawing and plot to an HP 1050C. All goes well until the plot. I have an excellent scan that looks great in the drawing, but when I plot, the end result is a little blurry and street names are unreadable. Is there a step in the process I am missing? The attached image has been scaled to match the size of the original map sheet. Can anyone help me with this?

Reply to
Paul Carroll

What is your scanned file format? What was your scan resolution (dpi)? We've found that we get reasonably good results using TIFF format at about 300dpi. ___

Reply to
Paul Turvill

If you scale the image up upon insertion, the resolution decreases proportionately. This causes what you are seeing. Use image editing software to increase the image size while holding the resolution then insert.

Reply to
Randy Jones