Help with Molded Fonts

Hello,

I just created a model of a forged part. I need to add fonts .19 high raised .015 on a couple of surfaces.

Can someone help me with this?

Thank you.

Reply to
coldhot

offset the surfaces the height of the font required ( I am assuming these are non planar surfaces) and then extrude the font. Next, insert, cut, with surface.

Ken M

Reply to
kmaren24

to add to my previous comment before some corrects me, you may need to trim the surfaces together to make one surface to cut with. you will need to do this if the text crosses over surfaces where the font goes from the height of .019 to .015 or whatever your distance needed is. Ken M

Reply to
kmaren24

Are they flat surfaces? If so, put a sketch on the surface. Go to Tools/Sketch Entities/Text. Input the text, pick the right font and size. Extrude with appropriate draft.

If the surfaces are curved, then I think you can use the Wrap function (Insert/Feature/Wrap). The draft would be added afterwards with parting line draft.

Jerry Steiger

Thanks to both of you for your help.

But, Jerry's steps worked great.

Reply to