Automating SolidWorks File Conversion

I have bout 500 files in .igs format that I want to convert to solidworks. I have featureworks installed on my PC. Saves me lots of time if I can
automate the process, instead of opening and converting each file individually. Appreciate any suggestions?
Thanks,
Payam Dianat
A macro can do it since there is an API for FeatureWorks (documented in 2004 api help) However it looks like the "automatic" recognition isn't completely automatic : you (or the macro) must first select faces/edges on the model that belong to the feature, then call a function FeatureWorksApp::RecognizeFeatureAutomatic with a parameter:
fwExtrudeOption - Run automatic extrude feature recognition. fwVolume - Recognize volume features automatically. fwHoles - Recognize hole features automatically. fwRevolve - Recognize revolve features automatically. fwChamfils - Recognize fillets and chamfers automatically. fwRibs - Recognize rib features automatically. fwBaseFlange - Recognize base flange features automatically. fwSketchedBend - Recognize sketched bend features automatically.
So it looks pretty hard to automate this in a general case. If your 500 parts have a similar structure (for example an extruded base, several holes plus fillets and chamfers) it might be a bit easier...
--
Philippe Guglielmetti - www.dynabits.com

mabey you could traverse all the faces and run FeatureWorksApp::RecognizeFeatureAutomatic on each face with each option.