2 versions of SolidWorks on one PC

I have SolidWorks 2003 installed on my machine. I want to also install 2001 version on the PC. However, when I do that the 2003 version does not work. Any suggestions.

Thanks,

Payam Dianat

Reply to
Payam Dianat

If you're using two different serial numbers it's not going to work . . . period. SolidWorks (whatever version) allows only one Windows registry key to contain the serial number of the license you're using. It has to be the same for 2001 as for 2003. The only way that I can imagine to get around that particular problem (if that is your problem) is to export a registry key for one, and then for the other, and import the appropriate key when you want to switch from one to the other. Needless to say, messing around like that with your Windows registry isn't something I'd recommend . . . but you could possibly do it that way.

'Spork'

Payam Dianat wrote:

Reply to
Sporkman

when you install 2003 on around 2001. the install asks you do you want a new install or upgrade. if you select new install then 2003 knows how to install around older versions of solidworks. if you install

2001 around 2003. then i dont see how 2001 would be able to know how to install around 2003. id say uninstall all solidworks installs. then install 2001. after install 2003.

hope this helps

Reply to
Sean Phillips