Macros to Search Folders and Identify SolidWorks Files with Specific Properties

I have a few directories with large number of SolidWorks files in them. I need to identify few SolidWorks parts/assemblies based on specific preperty value, say Material=xx.

Is there any macro that is available to do this instead of me opening the file and check the property value?

Thanks Nic

Reply to
nicholas_chuah

Devon T. Sowell

SW Explorer can do this. I am not sure how Explorer handles searching parts with multiple configs though.

A macro can also do this. If you write the macro in an Excel spreadsheet then you can list what you find there.

nicholas snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Reply to
P.