how to convert a .dra file to .pdf?

Is it possible to convert a .dra file to a .pdf file with some (free) application?

Best Peter W

Reply to
mandarino

The software installs as a printer driver. Just Print your document and it becomes a PDF file.

Reply to
Ben Loosli

Does it use ghostscript to do the convert?

Reply to
dakeb

You download two programs, pdf995 and ps2pdf995, i guess the second program converts the printer postscriptfile to pdf.

Peter W "dakeb" skrev i meddelandet news:clic8u$obg$ snipped-for-privacy@rdel.co.uk...

Reply to
mandarino

Does this software cause popups, etc to show up promoting their sw?

I ask this only because the least hassle way I have found to print PDF's from Pro-E is to save to a ps (postscript) file from pro-e in the plot dir, and then convert to pdf using ghostscript (ps2pdf)

mandar> You download two programs, pdf995 and ps2pdf995, i guess the second program

Reply to
Chris Gosnell

yes it does have pop-ups, but you can purchase a single copy for 9.95 that doesn't have them. They also have quantity discounts.

Reply to
Ben Loosli

Then I shall stick to the ad-free freeware Ghostscript thank you.

Reply to
dakeb

CutePDF Writer is freeware without pop-ups or watermarks. It uses the Ghostscript converter but saves you a few steps. If you don't have Ghostscript installed it gives you the option to download and install.

I've never used CutePDF personally, but I seen good comments.

At work I use PDF Factory ($).

At home I use a dummy PS printer to "print" a PS file, then use Ghostscript to convert to PDF. If I made a lot of PDF files at home I'd probably go ahead and get CutePDF.

Dave

Reply to
DGP