Corporate espionage hits PTC

charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

PTC spokeswoman Nicole Rowe says "I think people are feeling a little = betrayed." Were I the "Product Development Company" whose lifeblood was frantically = and fanatically protected intellectual property, whose stock in trade = was software, I'm absolutely sure, had I an ounce of moral or = intellectual integrity, that I'd be feeling immensely stupid, bovine, = complacent, careless, inept, like a big, fat, juicy plum, ripe for = picking. Imagine, if it was that easy for a fired guy to do it, a fired = foreigner, a fired, hire gun foreigner, how much easier for the trusted, = inner circle. I can't even send and receive ZIP files, the security = software stips off such attachments. The sending of source code from PTC = must be so common that they don't even bother monitoring it. And this is = how you pay.

Reply to
David Janes

Regardless of the amount of security people try & get on their systems, data theft is easy. That's not to say we shouldn't try, but we should remember the first & best line of defence against data theft is a loyal workforce, achieved through a combination of not hiring jerks, and treating those we do hire decently.

Reply to
John Wade

ptc has taken the outsourcing approach to software development im not surprised brings the jobs back to US software developers

Reply to
moakley8