Using part parameters with family tables`

Good day all:

We have some family tables set up for common parts. I noticed that whatever paramters (dwg_no, desc, remarks, etc) are used, only the last varibles set will show up on the BOM, drawing titles etc. Is there a way to assign different paramters for *each* family item?

Thanks in advance.

-- Doug Eicher Global/SFC Valve Corp deicherATglobalsfcDOTcom

Reply to
Doug Eicher

If the parameters are actually columns in the table, you can give each instance its own values just by filling in the blanks. Or at least it worked that way, last time I looked, unless they changed something and forgot to tell me (but we all know that wouldn't happen;-)

Reply to
David Janes

Ah...OK, that thought did creep into my head. I'll give that a shot, the only way I've ever set the parameters was thru setup->parameters.

Thanks! Doug

Reply to
Doug Eicher

I'm not really sure what 'Tools>Parameters' does differently than 'Edit>Setup>Parameters'. But I know those parameters are available for modification in a lot more places these days, including as columns in your model tree where they can also be modified. The problem with setup>parameters is that it changes only the generic. And you know the rest of the story ~ all instances have the same value which is whatever was changed/saved last.

Reply to
David Janes