SW to PTC with features

Has anyone came up with a good method to transfer from SW to PTC and retain parametrics? Any 3rd party translators for this that you may have heard of or, hopefully, used successfully.

TIA,

JJ

Reply to
JJ

Found this at

I haven't tired it but it's worth a try.

Download ProDesktop Express from PTC's website. It is free, and can read and convert Pro/E files to IGES.

Regards, Scott

Reply to
Scott

Reply to
Mark Bannister

Thanks folks but what I need is to get parametric PTC models from SW models. IGES, STEP, and other featureless formats don't do me any good unless PTC has some feature recognition capability or there is a 3rd party FeatureWorks-like app for PTC.

Thanks,

JJ

Reply to
JJ

Just got off the phone with Elysium. The CAD Porter works with features in one direction. From Pro/E to SolidWorks, Inventor, or Catia. The cost is around $16,000 +/-. You only need one seat, but need a seat of Pro/E and whatever the program is you are going to. It looks like a good buy for those jumping the Pro/E ship. What about people jumping the SolidWorks ship?

Reply to
T Bennett

SW has a translator that gets the PTC features but you have to decrypt the PTC file first. Delcam and others make a decrypter and it costs a few thousand. Therefore $16K sounds enormously expensive but maybe it is that much better than the SW one. Of course this is not what I am trying to do - I want to go the other way (SW to PTC). I am not "jumping ship", I just need to get it to someone who has PTC and wants the features.

Reply to
JJ

Try this:

Not sure of the cost. I think they'll translate them for you (for a fee) or you can purchase the software. My guess is that it is not cheap.

TH

Reply to
TH

Yes, that is a route I plan to pursue but I looking for objective information and hoping that someone here might have had first hand experience.

Thanks,

JJ

Reply to
JJ