.dwg to .pdf

Hey All

I'm looking for a program that will convert .dwg files to .pdf files. Or some help in making this Adobe Acrocrap program do...ANYTHING! Any help would be great. Thanks in advance

CB ~

Reply to
cb

What's the problem? You set "Acrobat" as your default printer and plot to it.

"cb" wrote

Reply to
Smackypete

Go to

Great application (I found it did better PDF's than Adobe)... and VERY well priced (even in Canadian $$$'s)

You can even make full size PDF's in many formats...

Regards,

Bruce

Reply to
Mr. B

Agreed.

Reply to
CW

Reply to
B. W. Salt.

Hey All

I'm looking for a program that will convert .dwg files to .pdf files. Or some help in making this Adobe Acrocrap program do...ANYTHING! Any help would be great. Thanks in advance

GJ

Reply to
GJBT

Reply to
Paul Turvill
5.0 never let me done once. The only complaint I'd have is that you have to learn how to use it first.
Reply to
Michael Bulatovich

I meant "down" haha

Reply to
Michael Bulatovich

Actually, not quite true. I tried Adobe 6.0 Standard and could not get it to print sheet sizes larger than 11x17. It seems it might take the "Pro" version to be able to print 24x36. This is a change in functionality from earlier versions of Acrobat.

I e-mailed Adobe about this but got some sort of run around from an automated response system which really pissed me off. So, I'm advising that people NOT buy Adobe 6.0 unless you want to spring for the "Pro" version.

Reply to
Bob Morrison

Try this: first type filedia and set the value to 0 and then type cmddia set value to 0 then type psout and use default value name or use yours by typing it , then when asked what to plot choose either display, extent, limits, view or window. Choose window then select it. Then in the screen preview select default. Then select units. Then select output units. Then select output size. Then open up the eps in adobe illustrator and resize all to the preselected sheet you have chosen in the properties and save as pdf .. Voila

Now if that aint enough welll a back to the school bench is needed.

Regards

Robert

Reply to
Robert

I had no complaints with 5.0 either; however, 6.0 Pro offers so many new features (like a huge range of predefined sheet sizes) that it puts 5.0 to shame. ___

Reply to
Paul Turvill

I don't have the Standard version, but I'd be surprised if Distiller and/or PDF Writer have had the Custom paper size options removed. V 5.0 could handle just about any paper size if you knew how to set it up. Did Adobe

*really* remove this functionality from 6.0 Standard? ___
Reply to
Paul Turvill

Yes. I couldn't believe it when I upgraded from 5.0. I wondered why any software company would remove functionality from a program. The only thought I had was they wanted to make sure people paid the higher price fro the "Pro" version.

I sent back my unopened copies of 6.0 Standard and reloaded Version 5.0. Unfortunately, I had to open one box to load it and am now out the upgrade price.

To date Adobe has been totally unresponsive to my complaint about the removal of functionality. As a result I do not recommend anyone buy Acrobat Standard 6.0. Either stay with 5.0, or if you must upgrade, then buy the "Pro" version.

Reply to
Bob Morrison
5.0
Reply to
Chuck

The most elegant solution comes with freeware PDF995 (find it with Google). I've never used Acrobat - becouse of rumours on it...

(TJ, EduKon EduCAD)

Reply to
albireo

Most things are impossible to do unless you know how (outside of falling off cliffs, ect).

Reply to
CW

Huh? Did you read the instructions on "How to create a PDF file" on the screen that opens when you install PDF995? You don't "save as" anything. You PRINT to the PDF995 printer, per the user instructions. ___

Reply to
Paul Turvill

Try this

Reply to
Daniel J. Ellis

Try AcroPLOT from

They allow batch plotting of AutoCAD to PDF.

Reply to
FlaZoomie