.dwg to .pdf

Hey All
I'm looking for a program that will convert .dwg files to .pdf files.
Or some help in making this Adobe Acrocrap program do...ANYTHING! Any
help would be great. Thanks in advance
CB ~
Reply to
cb
What's the problem? You set "Acrobat" as your default printer and plot to it.
"cb" wrote
Reply to
Smackypete
Go to

Great application (I found it did better PDF's than Adobe)... and VERY well priced (even in Canadian $$$'s)
You can even make full size PDF's in many formats...
Regards,
Bruce
Reply to
Mr. B
Search for and download PDF995. Sets up a phantom printer which, when used, produces the pdf file. Works well.
Reply to
B. W. Salt.
Hey All
I'm looking for a program that will convert .dwg files to .pdf files. Or some help in making this Adobe Acrocrap program do...ANYTHING! Any help would be great. Thanks in advance
GJ
Reply to
GJBT
Which version of Acrobat do you have? 6.0 does it all. ___
Reply to
Paul Turvill
5.0 never let me done once. The only complaint I'd have is that you have to learn how to use it first.
Reply to
Michael Bulatovich
I meant "down" haha
Reply to
Michael Bulatovich
Actually, not quite true. I tried Adobe 6.0 Standard and could not get it to print sheet sizes larger than 11x17. It seems it might take the "Pro" version to be able to print 24x36. This is a change in functionality from earlier versions of Acrobat.
I e-mailed Adobe about this but got some sort of run around from an automated response system which really pissed me off. So, I'm advising that people NOT buy Adobe 6.0 unless you want to spring for the "Pro" version.
Reply to
Bob Morrison
Try this: first type filedia and set the value to 0 and then type cmddia set value to 0 then type psout and use default value name or use yours by typing it , then when asked what to plot choose either display, extent, limits, view or window. Choose window then select it. Then in the screen preview select default. Then select units. Then select output units. Then select output size. Then open up the eps in adobe illustrator and resize all to the preselected sheet you have chosen in the properties and save as pdf .. Voila
Now if that aint enough welll a back to the school bench is needed.
Regards
Robert
Reply to
Robert
I had no complaints with 5.0 either; however, 6.0 Pro offers so many new features (like a huge range of predefined sheet sizes) that it puts 5.0 to shame. ___
Reply to
Paul Turvill
I don't have the Standard version, but I'd be surprised if Distiller and/or PDF Writer have had the Custom paper size options removed. V 5.0 could handle just about any paper size if you knew how to set it up. Did Adobe *really* remove this functionality from 6.0 Standard? ___
Reply to
Paul Turvill
Yes. I couldn't believe it when I upgraded from 5.0. I wondered why any software company would remove functionality from a program. The only thought I had was they wanted to make sure people paid the higher price fro the "Pro" version.
I sent back my unopened copies of 6.0 Standard and reloaded Version 5.0. Unfortunately, I had to open one box to load it and am now out the upgrade price.
To date Adobe has been totally unresponsive to my complaint about the removal of functionality. As a result I do not recommend anyone buy Acrobat Standard 6.0. Either stay with 5.0, or if you must upgrade, then buy the "Pro" version.
Reply to
Bob Morrison
The most elegant solution comes with freeware PDF995 (find it with Google). I've never used Acrobat - becouse of rumours on it...
(TJ, EduKon EduCAD)
Reply to
albireo
Most things are impossible to do unless you know how (outside of falling off cliffs, ect).
Reply to
CW
Huh? Did you read the instructions on "How to create a PDF file" on the screen that opens when you install PDF995? You don't "save as" anything. You PRINT to the PDF995 printer, per the user instructions. ___
Reply to
Paul Turvill
Try this
see if it helps you any DJE
Reply to
Daniel J. Ellis
Try AcroPLOT from
They allow batch plotting of AutoCAD to PDF.
Reply to
FlaZoomie