Sketches doesn't show up in graphic area.

Greetings:

In order to create a variable section sweep in WF2, I draw a few sketches for the spinal and trajectory curves. The sketch features show in the model tree but not in the graphic area. I have to select the sketch in the model tree or rotate (MMB) the part to see these sketches. The sketches disappear again once clicking in an empty space of the graphic window, selecting something else or when the rotation is completed. Is this normal?

Thanks for your time and help.

Reply to
John

have you checked your layers?

Reply to
dakeb

It's not normal, but I don't have an answer.

Graphics card issue? The curves showing when rotating the model might be a clue.

Reply to
Jeff Howard

Yeah, and is the sketch in the Model Tree hidden (greyed out)? If so, you can select it, RMB 'Unhide'

: > In order to create a variable section sweep in WF2, I draw a few : > sketches for the spinal and trajectory curves. The sketch features : > show in the model tree but not in the graphic area. I have to select : > the sketch in the model tree or rotate (MMB) the part to see these : > sketches. The sketches disappear again once clicking in an empty : > space of the graphic window, selecting something else or when the : > rotation is completed. Is this normal? : >

: > Thanks for your time and help. : :

Reply to
David Janes

Thank you all for your suggestion and help.

In answer to your questions:

  1. All the layers aren't hidden.
  2. The sketch isn't grayed out (not hidden)
  3. I could be wrong but I don't think it is a graphic issues. Effectively, I try the same file on three different computers (2 desktops; one with 64MB ATI Radeon 7500 & one with 128MB NVidia Quadro XGL750 and 1 laptop with 32MB NVidia2 Go video cards) and I have the same result. However, I notice the following phenomenon the sketches show up in Wireframe in gray color, Hidden in blue color and not at all in No-Hidden & shade mode. May be this makes more sense and normal after all. Does anyone have installed WF2 build M040 on your machine? If so, could you sketches a few curves and let me know if they show up on your computer in all display modes?

Thanks in advance for your time and help.

Reply to
John

"sketches show up in Wireframe in gray color, Hidden in blue color" .....

How 'bout blue in Wireframe (normal for default sys color), gray in hidden (normal if they are being hidden)?

"and not at all in No-Hidden & shade mode" .....

Normal for some conditions, view settings, quilt HLR (?), etc.

Check your settings: View / Display Settings / Model Display / Shade.

From your original post: "I have to select the sketch in the model tree or rotate (MMB) the part to see these sketches."

The "rotate" threw me, but hidden line removal isn't performed during rotation so hidden curves will show. This is apparent in No Hidden mode, which I seldom or never use in model mode.

Sounds like you just need to sort thru your display settings. If you have trouble getting a handle on it start with a blank file, add curves, check settings and behavior, add a surface, check again, ......

================================

Reply to
Jeff Howard

Thank you Jeff for your help.

You're correct. I make a mistake. It's blue in wireframe and gray in hidden.

"I have to select the sketch in the model tree or rotate (MMB) the part to see these sketches."

This happens only in "no hidden" mode.

After checking the display settings, shade, and enable shade with "datum curves" I can now see the sketches and curves. Is it possible to turn this thing on in config.pro?

While I am at it. Is it possible to change the shade "with edge" default color white to black definitively? I take a look at system color options and can't find the variable controlling the edge color.

Reply to
John

shade_with curves (the default)

That one's an iDunno. As far as I know there's no control over solid edge color (it's not always white, depends on part color).

Reply to
Jeff Howard

: "John" wrote : Thank you Jeff for your help. : : You're correct. I make a mistake. It's blue in wireframe and gray in : hidden. : : "I have to select the sketch in the model tree or rotate (MMB) the : part to see these sketches." : : This happens only in "no hidden" mode. : : After checking the display settings, shade, and enable shade with : "datum curves" I can now see the sketches and curves. Is it possible : to turn this thing on in config.pro? : : While I am at it. Is it possible to change the shade "with edge" : default color white to black definitively?

I think it's called SHOW_SHADED_EDGES set to YES

: I take a look at system : color options and can't find the variable controlling the edge color.

'User friendly' always meant 'Windoze' to Unix programmers who made Pro/e for other Unix programmers, engineers, degreed software engineers and system administrators (i.e., people who had the luxury to make big bucks spending their working lives figuring out how PE actually worked while never actually having to use the software for anything and spoon-feeding these nuggets to the simpletons who DID use the software). IOW, you can spend years figgerin' this shit out. And still feel like you just scratched the surface........ The long view is required

David Janes

Reply to
David Janes