ABAQUS. How to make imported .sat parts editable

Hi there,

I'm new to abaqus. I have to import some parts from a .sat file. This appear to work. But abaqus is in principle supposed to import the parts as a non-editable base feature. My question is, is there a workaround in order to make these imported parts editable?

Thanks

Mr. Bellam

Reply to
Mr Bellam

Dear Mr Bellam,

What's ABAQUS?

Sincerely, David Janes

Reply to
David Janes

Not unless you can re-define the import geometry in Abaqus. Try "breaking" it from a group type of object to it's sub element geometry...

Dave

P.S. Abaqus is a FEA package.

Reply to
Dave Bigelow

A finite element tool:

HTH, Johannes

Reply to
Johannes Pietsch

Do you mean something like, exporting the geometry to a different format, and importing it back?

Thanks

Mr. Bellam

Reply to
Mr Bellam

What do you mean by "editable"? If you mean "features"; doubt it. Have you tried looking for an Abacus news group?

Reply to
Jeff Howard
¡Mucho gusto! David
Reply to
David Janes

David - You should try

for a search engine... It groups the searches in a really useful way.

Ya - glad this Pro/E one exists. Probably there are folks talking about ABAQUS over at sci.engr.mech... just guessing

-meld

Reply to
meld_b