Batch import of STEP files

hello,

I have a bunch of STEP files to import within pro/2001, is there a way to automate the task ?

Thanks

Reply to
mauri_8

I don't see a Import option in Pro_Batch for Step to prt

Now you could mapkey some of the picks but You don't say how many, a bunch can be anything from 10 to 300

10 ... mapkey some of it... you still have to pick the particular step file name which I don't think that part will be maykey-able because it's going to change each time it will default to the step file name if you are using open>step .. you don't get no datums like you would if you were inserting into a part.. but you do get the save file name same as step file

Couple of hundred you are going to be looking at a keyboard and mousing exercise for your wrist.

Options, for a large number would be to create a trail file or a big mapkey in VBA or VB that will look to your list of step files and change the filename option on opening... or cut and paste the mapkey in notepad... but at that point you might as well just mapkey the open part of the action ....manually pick file name and then mapkey the rest to accept defaults ..etc and save the file.... so two mapkeys or a pause to pick.. partially automated...unless your good at VB/VBA

It's do-able in VB .. I did something just like to extract instances... but it isn't that easy

2048 length limit on a indiv. mapkey... so it involves a renaming of MK and merging them together as one....... VBS maybe...but more code
Reply to
cad/cam/guy

I think that with some skills you could get VB or VBA to handle this. This seems like a good job for an intern.

Reply to
shaunthiesen