Importing step files

I have tried on a couple of occasions to import step files from vendors who I believe are using Inventor. The parts import but the geometry is wrong - some features are on the wrong plane. Does anyone know if there is a fix for this? Thanks!

Reply to
jim.nye

I have tried on a couple of occasions to import step files from vendors who I believe are using Inventor. The parts import but the geometry is wrong - some features are on the wrong plane. Does anyone know if there is a fix for this? Thanks! If the vendor can specify the flavor to export, tell them to export AP214 which Pro/e handles very well. It can also handle AP203 reasonably well. Haven't heard of problems with either of these formats having trouble identifying/communicating planar information or with Pro/e being confused. If Inventor can't handle this, maybe someone should be thinking about using professional software.

David Janes

Reply to
Janes