PRO to MasterCAM

I have a vendor who uses MasterCAM. I need to have him quote some parts, and want to send him something he can open right into MasterCAM. Any ideas on what file type I should save as? I asked the vendor, but he seems computer illiterate.

Thanks, Carey

Reply to
Ryerson

: I have a vendor who uses MasterCAM. I need to have him quote some parts, : and want to send him something he can open right into MasterCAM. Any ideas : on what file type I should save as? I asked the vendor, but he seems : computer illiterate. :

This is from the Mastercam website:

Open Access to Solid Models a.. Import Parasolids® , SAT and InventorT files as solids, surfaces and/or wireframe. b.. With optional STEP and Pro-E® you can import solids as solids, surfaces or wireframe. c.. Export Parasolids® and SAT files. d.. Open SolidWorks® and SolidEdge® files directly.

Send him one of each, then have him tell you which one worked. If he can write, have him take some notes. I mean, maybe he's not just computer illiterate.

David Janes

Reply to
David Janes

If he has Pro/E Direct module you only need to send him the native model file .prt. If he doesn't, then a drawing dxf file will do for starters.

Reply to
Bob Alexander