Mastercam X3 Toolpath Is Still A Dead Entity

I've added a new page to the main Jon Banquer blog that details this problem and shows how other software does what Mastercam X3 still can't do! Follow the link below to the main Jon Banquer blog.

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

jon_banquer

You seem to be a big fan of toolpath editing. I used to really like it. On Smartcam you could zoom up and literally delete a gouged pass. Problem is, software doesn't gouge anymore. I still see no reason whatsoever to edit toolpath beyond anything mastercam

9.1 can do. Maybe your using solids?
Reply to
vinny

CAM software will never anticipate all the cutting conditions one might encounter and automatically give you optimized toolpath. Only idiots like Joe788 think this is possible.

That's just one reason to edit a toolpath.

Some people are happy to give up control and let the CAM system make all the decisions for them. Others prefer to create optimized toolpath that doesn't waste time and will cut the part exactly like they want to cut the part.

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

jon_banquer

I've never said such a thing.

I said wasting hours of time graphically editing toolpaths and breaking their associativity, is a complete and utter waste of time. Then again, if you're just a lowly employee with no accountability for profit, who's likely to be fired soon anyways, why not waste hours exercising "full graphical control over the seamless hybrid modeling kernel for multi part production programming in a small production job shop environment using the budget horizontal machining center with pallet pool while modifying customer design intent with synchronous technology....."

Reply to
Joe788

Jon ,you are my hero !

You are so great ,man ,you are the sheer genious ! You are absolutly right !! X3 lacks so much . I only can not understand ,how I am never in need of all this neccesary things you describe . I feel very happy with X3 . Even with ver7 I was very happy . May be because instead of fighting the Holy War against everything and everyone I was making parts earning money . I feel so miserable without WorkNC ,FeatureCaM ,NX and etc . Jon ,I want to be like you ,you are my hero . Shame ,I will never be .

Reply to
winnie.tehpooh

I've added a new page to the main Jon Banquer blog that details this problem and shows how other software does what Mastercam X3 still can't do! Follow the link below to the main Jon Banquer blog.

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

jon_banquer

Here you again making these blanket type comments about people on the forum. You have no clue what they think or want out of Mastercam. You again abuse your 1st amendment right to free speech. With that right comes responsibility.

Have you even used the highspeed toolpaths yet in X2 much less X3? Have you seen the time reductions and added features to theses toolpaths and harnessed their abilities to really see where you think you need this capability so badly? Have you sent screen shots and program files to the people at CNC software showing your claims of this much needed requirement? You keep putting words in people's mouths and keep lumping people into groups you know nothing about. This is very irresponsible, unprofessional, and yet you want people to treat you with respect yet you do not know or even understand the concept. I feel life has a way of catching up to people and I sure hope it does not catch up to you.

Remember everyone is help accountable for their actions in one way or any other and the net is not the free for all some people think it is and you keep calling these people out personally and slandering their name like you keep doing I feel there will be consequences to those actions. Might keep that in the back of your mind since some of those people you keep calling out live very close to you an can contact the State Attorney. I think stalking laws and other things could be enforced hear. Just some food for thought, but think you are above all of that and will never happen to you well keep that arrogant pride a going.

Reply to
Crazymillman

I've added a new page to the main Jon Banquer blog that details this problem and shows how other software does what Mastercam X3 still can't do! Follow the link below to the main Jon Banquer blog.

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

jon_banquer

Jon,

I will only say that closed forums are not very constructive. My view is that an open forum sparks criticism from your competition which you can build upon to create a better product. If you have a creative development team for technology, you shouldn=92t be afraid of the competition but welcome it and challenge it. When you=92re in the number one slot, everyone beats on you which is fine but it should be done in a responsible and respectable way - so I would encourage a moderator that is not so fast on the delete key. I would agree that it should be a corporate forum.

gary

Reply to
g-a-r-y

Damn Jon you got right to the root on the first try, did you lick his sweaty balls while you were there?

Reply to
brewertr

This is code words for Jon Banquer being banned from those sites for clueless ramblings and flame wars. Jon complains because moderated groups ban him then he complains about un-moderated groups because he can't be in control.

Does Jon practice what he preaches, HELL NO! Jon has moderated sites, his blog's. Lots of censorship and VERY few comments posted because he only posts comments from people who agree with him. That comes out to three or four comments TOTAL on his sites, hard to tell though some or all of those may be forged (he did it before and got caught).

Just try to get Jon to answer an easy on topic question in his own words to support one of his positions and see what happens.

Tom

Reply to
brewertr

some times take too long to identify & ban Jon Banquer's fake names and forged posts.

Reply to
brewertr

Well lets see what Jon thinks about unmoderated formats:

"I figured for once I'd give these posters a taste or their own medicine which seemed to anger the host of the Blog who had elected to go with an unmoderated format." - Jon Banquer - July 18, 2007-

Truth be told (not by banquer) all Novedge interviews go with an unmoderated format, you knew it. It's just that you're the first interviewee to violate your agreement with the author.

[ UPDATE -- July 8, 2007 -- I had to close this blog post to further comments and to remove the personal attacks between Jon and some other newsgroups readers. Before the interview, I made an agreement with Jon about the style of the interview and the way to handle it. Jon didn't respect our agreement, posting comments under fake names. Jon's authentic and fake comments are all posted from the same IP address, 72.199.251.224. I can now see that my trust in Jon was misplaced.

]

brewertr

Jon Banquer

Reply to
brewertr

Spam-bot

Reply to
brewertr

Jon Banquer

Reply to
brewertr

Jon, if CNCZone and PM are so "hopeless", why do you keep going back to them under fake names to ask your beginner questions? Those "hopeless" members at CNCZone put quite a bit of effort into helping your pathetic attempts at Mastercam usage.

Reply to
Joe788

Whoever is at the helm on CNCZone has become pretty adept at locating and deleting Jonnie Bonkers.

It's kinda funny, CNCZone has an odd feature that lets you see who the last people were to look at your profile. Sure enough, the last 4 people to look at my profile were Jon Banquer's aliases!

Reply to
Joe788

".....posted March 13, 2007 11:26 AM

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- By editing my comments, I feels as though I've compromised my integrity in some way which is why I sent Webby my resigation as Moderator for the Mastercam Forum. I'll still moderate O/T but I feel it's my duty to give you folks on the forum an honest opinion and if I can't do that... well, what good am I then?

So Thermwod, if you don't like the FACT that the column on your 5-Axis machines are so weak that you NEED a 1" Travel indicator to measure the deflection, then MAKE A BETTER PRODUCT!!!!!..."

The TRUTH as to why I am not a Moderator in the Mastercam Forum on eMastercam...

Jon, YOU ARE A LIAR!!!!! Here it is for all to see.

Reply to
jmeyette

Empty threat.

Someone voicing an opinion is protected. It is not enough to prove someone lied, you have to prove it harmed you and was intentional. So what it comes down to is you have the burden of proof that is was a lie, rational people of average intelligence could be/were fooled into believing it and resulted in causing you harm.

In Jon's case you are screwed:

Jon is giving his opinion. No rational person of average intelligence would take anything Jon says seriously. You have to prove it harmed you physically, mentally or monetarily. If you are deemed to be a public figure (moderating a board could be interpreted as such) the bar and burden of proof on you is raised even higher to near impossible level of proof. It will cost you a shit load of money to hire a lawyer, take Jon to court and in the unlikely event you were ever awarded monetary damages you will never collect since Jon has no assets.

Tom

Reply to
brewertr