Mastercam X3 Toolpath Is Still A Dead Entity

I've added a new page to the main Jon Banquer blog that details this problem and shows how other software does what Mastercam X3 still
can't do! Follow the link below to the main Jon Banquer blog.
Jon Banquer San Diego, CA http://jonbanquer.blogspot.com/

You seem to be a big fan of toolpath editing. I used to really like it. On Smartcam you could zoom up and literally delete a gouged pass. Problem is, software doesn't gouge anymore. I still see no reason whatsoever to edit toolpath beyond anything mastercam 9.1 can do. Maybe your using solids?

CAM software will never anticipate all the cutting conditions one might encounter and automatically give you optimized toolpath. Only idiots like Joe788 think this is possible.

That's just one reason to edit a toolpath.
Some people are happy to give up control and let the CAM system make all the decisions for them. Others prefer to create optimized toolpath that doesn't waste time and will cut the part exactly like they want to cut the part.

I've never said such a thing.
I said wasting hours of time graphically editing toolpaths and breaking their associativity, is a complete and utter waste of time. Then again, if you're just a lowly employee with no accountability for profit, who's likely to be fired soon anyways, why not waste hours exercising "full graphical control over the seamless hybrid modeling kernel for multi part production programming in a small production job shop environment using the budget horizontal machining center with pallet pool while modifying customer design intent with synchronous technology....."
Jon ,you are my hero !
You are so great ,man ,you are the sheer genious ! You are absolutly right !! X3 lacks so much . I only can not understand ,how I am never in need of all this neccesary things you describe . I feel very happy with X3 . Even with ver7 I was very happy . May be because instead of fighting the Holy War against everything and everyone I was making parts earning money . I feel so miserable without WorkNC ,FeatureCaM ,NX and etc . Jon ,I want to be like you ,you are my hero . Shame ,I will never be .
I've added a new page to the main Jon Banquer blog that details this problem and shows how other software does what Mastercam X3 still can't do! Follow the link below to the main Jon Banquer blog.

Here you again making these blanket type comments about people on the forum. You have no clue what they think or want out of Mastercam. You again abuse your 1st amendment right to free speech. With that right comes responsibility.
Have you even used the highspeed toolpaths yet in X2 much less X3? Have you seen the time reductions and added features to theses toolpaths and harnessed their abilities to really see where you think you need this capability so badly? Have you sent screen shots and program files to the people at CNC software showing your claims of this much needed requirement? You keep putting words in people's mouths and keep lumping people into groups you know nothing about. This is very irresponsible, unprofessional, and yet you want people to treat you with respect yet you do not know or even understand the concept. I feel life has a way of catching up to people and I sure hope it does not catch up to you.
Remember everyone is help accountable for their actions in one way or any other and the net is not the free for all some people think it is and you keep calling these people out personally and slandering their name like you keep doing I feel there will be consequences to those actions. Might keep that in the back of your mind since some of those people you keep calling out live very close to you an can contact the State Attorney. I think stalking laws and other things could be enforced hear. Just some food for thought, but think you are above all of that and will never happen to you well keep that arrogant pride a going.
I've added a new page to the main Jon Banquer blog that details this problem and shows how other software does what Mastercam X3 still can't do! Follow the link below to the main Jon Banquer blog.

Jon, if CNCZone and PM are so "hopeless", why do you keep going back to them under fake names to ask your beginner questions? Those "hopeless" members at CNCZone put quite a bit of effort into helping your pathetic attempts at Mastercam usage.
Jon,
I will only say that closed forums are not very constructive. My view is that an open forum sparks criticism from your competition which you can build upon to create a better product. If you have a creative development team for technology, you shouldnt be afraid of the competition but welcome it and challenge it. When youre in the number one slot, everyone beats on you which is fine but it should be done in a responsible and respectable way - so I would encourage a moderator that is not so fast on the delete key. I would agree that it should be a corporate forum.
gary

On Mon, 11 Aug 2008 18:49:06 -0700 (PDT), jon_banquer

Damn Jon you got right to the root on the first try, did you lick his sweaty balls while you were there?
On Mon, 11 Aug 2008 18:49:06 -0700 (PDT), jon_banquer

This is code words for Jon Banquer being banned from those sites for clueless ramblings and flame wars. Jon complains because moderated groups ban him then he complains about un-moderated groups because he can't be in control.
Does Jon practice what he preaches, HELL NO! Jon has moderated sites, his blog's. Lots of censorship and VERY few comments posted because he only posts comments from people who agree with him. That comes out to three or four comments TOTAL on his sites, hard to tell though some or all of those may be forged (he did it before and got caught).
Just try to get Jon to answer an easy on topic question in his own words to support one of his positions and see what happens.
Tom
On Mon, 11 Aug 2008 21:37:39 -0700 (PDT), jon_banquer
Jon Banquer
On Mon, 11 Aug 2008 22:00:58 -0700 (PDT), jon_banquer
Spam-bot
On Mon, 11 Aug 2008 22:28:53 -0700 (PDT), jon_banquer
Jon Banquer
On Wed, 13 Aug 2008 15:10:59 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@mastercam-cadcam.com wrote:

Empty threat.
Someone voicing an opinion is protected. It is not enough to prove someone lied, you have to prove it harmed you and was intentional. So what it comes down to is you have the burden of proof that is was a lie, rational people of average intelligence could be/were fooled into believing it and resulted in causing you harm.
In Jon's case you are screwed:
Jon is giving his opinion. No rational person of average intelligence would take anything Jon says seriously. You have to prove it harmed you physically, mentally or monetarily. If you are deemed to be a public figure (moderating a board could be interpreted as such) the bar and burden of proof on you is raised even higher to near impossible level of proof. It will cost you a shit load of money to hire a lawyer, take Jon to court and in the unlikely event you were ever awarded monetary damages you will never collect since Jon has no assets.
Tom
On Aug 13, 5:06pm, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

I HAVE proven he lied. But as far as monetary damages. So far not yet. It only takes one instance. He stated matter of factly I was given the boot as a moderator. So he in fact did lie. It was malicious, it was no where near stated as opinion. I believe I can meet the burden of proof. Now it only takes damages. So we'll see what happens. If he keeps up with his calling everyone an a-hole... no problem. He's entitled to his opinion. It's the lies that get people into trouble. As far as no assets, no biggie. It's not money I'm after. Not after anything but the truth. He lied, I have proven it. End of story.

Wrong. It's not open Ron. If you work for say Siemens and sell UG NX you're not welcome and will be asked to leave.
If you fight with the e-Mastercam clique of idiots you will be asked for your sim #. Here's a clue, Ron. I refused to give one of my clients sim #'s for many years because I resented being asked and knew why I was being asked. Asking for a sim # is used as an excuse by the e-mastercam clique of idiots to find away to get rid of a trouble maker and I don't play those games as many found out the hard way.
Sure, I'm a troublemaker but as In House Solutions Solutions learned I'm legal troublemaker. When I finally gave a sim #. I actually posted it to John Paris when he stopped being an asshole over on CNC Advertising Zone. Where I work now we have five seats of Mastercam and I'm happy to provide 5 sim #'s to In House Solutions if they ask.
Have you figured out why youre not in the clique of idiots yet, Ron? Many on e-Mastercam seem to badly want into the clique of idiots and they don't seem to understand how to get into this "exclusive" club. G- Code can't figure out why he's in and why he's going to stay in despite his excellent help... which he's now rescinded. Kind of like you and I expect many others to follow. I'm way ahead of the clique of idiots once again with their don't answer any questions plan. ;>)
I should take this time to say sorry G-Code no matter what you say about me now I'm still thankful for the excellent help just like I am for Ron's help. Ron can't take a compliment. Can you take one G-Code?
There is also a way out of this "exclusive" club but I don't expect any in the clique of idiots to figure it out how or why their really in it.

Jon you want someone to give you something back that is funny. I have done nothing special I have just been the person I am and again you claim I helped you and like I said before if I did then good. I do not help others to receive praise I do it because I like to nothing more nothing less. I personally worked with G-code and he is one hell of a guy and again if you ever bothered to the be truly thankful for someone helping like you say he gave you then you would give him the respect back and quit calling him an idiot. Not you, but yet feel I should honor you with some thank you for allowing me the help one of your aliases and not you directly. It is pride that allows you to not for ask for help directly my emails are up there for the whole world to see just like my place a business.(Black Dragon in case you need to know)
Jon because of something you feel Mastercam needs and not something that others need is what the thread is about. What is the world does anyone on that site have to do with your personal opinion. You do not let people comment that disagree with your get posted on your Blog. I know because you never posted over a dozen on mine. Jon you hate emastercam for doing what you are doing your very self they are wrong to do it but you are right to make up your mind in that circle you call logic.
Hate something about Mastercam fine, and Black Dragon I think if you read the 1st start of this your buddy Jon dragged emastercam forum over here I only responded to his disrespect and bad taste as he some commonly does that I know you love and fully support thus you decided to chime in about it.
Quote: If you work for say Siemens and sell UG NX you're not welcome and will be asked to leave End Quote:
Jon tell the owner of your company to allow me access to your buyers so I can talk about the services our company can offer them. You are calling people idiots and you make a comment like that get real man. Why in the world would someone how is trying to make a living selling Mastercam want another software to come into their site and sell that software. That is so out there I am at a lost for words.
Jon there is a difference in a person trying to better something and being a trouble maker as you proclaim yourself to be. You may find it amusing over here to repeat yourself and repeat yourself and repeat yourself. However some of us think it is lame. You wanted graphical toolpath editing. You can make that point, but to go on a 3 day rant about it serves what purpose on a user Forum not an advisory forum, not a Beta forum, but a general help people forum. Again a novel concept. Again it is what it is a site run very well by a VAR doing what I think it is designed to do not what you think it should do. AGAIN NOT JON RANT AND COMPLAIN ABOUT MASTERCAM FORUM, BUT A USER GROUP TO HELP OTHER USER FORUM. How it got to what it is or where it is again not to your liking but it is what it is.
Black you think it funny me too and look to it coming back every time your buddy and best pal Jon drags people over here.

You seem to think you have the right to claim it's nothing special if I tell you have been very helpful to me. In other words, Ron you wish to control how I feel about the help I received from you. I've got news for you, you don't have this control over me and you never, ever will. You wish me to act in a certain way. You're not ever going to get this control over me. No one has it. The best you can do is get my respect and in one area you have it. In many others you don't.
I suggest you learn to take a legitimate and genuine compliment and just accept it for what it is. You're so paranoid that you think I'm "buttering you up". I think you need to take a hard look at yourself and ask what I might be "buttering you up" for.

I can him an idiot for a reason. That neither he nor you will ask me the reason isn't something I have control over. G-code seems to like SolidWorks and I think what have said about the severe limitations of SolidWorks and what I have said about Solid Edge with S/T, which doesn't have those severe limitations have helped him and made him think. Without SolidWorks offering S/T type tools to deal with non- native data, SolidWorks is a dead end for a shop that has to work with other peoples files. G-code thinks that because he's helped me and because I acknowledge it freely that all is fine between him and I. It's not fine and I've made it very clear in this thread to James Meyette what the problem is on e-Mastercam. If G-code wants to know why I put him in the clique of idiots I'm happy to tell him. All he has to do is ask.

Because of how this clique of idiots works on e-Mastercam I can't use my own name. I also can't discuss any VAR problems we may have on e- Mastercam.

Wrong. Others have made it very clear Mastercam needs work in this area. One of them did so while he was working for In House Solutions. Even you have complained about Mastercam's toolpath editor. Unfortunately you weren't specific.Too bad. You should have been. Go find your post on e-Mastercam about toolpath editing and read it. Without specifics why even post what you wrote.

I would be happy to do so if the person has credibility and their post is well written. If it's not well written and if they don't have credibility it doesn't get published. This is especially true if their main hang out is e-Mastecam and they have contributed nothing to ending the clique of idiots that controls e-Mastercam.

I never will when you write in the style that you hoped I would post on my blog and because of the clique of idiots on e-Mastercam you support. I make no secret that comments to my blog are heavily censored by me. If someone wants to disagree with say the need for graphical toolpath editing and get that comment published on my blog then they need to do so in a polite and factual way and back it up with proof of why.

You said it was open. I proved it's not open. Deal with it. Better yet admit you were wrong.

Read Gary's comments. Gary is right. To do so takes real confidence in your product. That day has not arrived for any company that I know of but it should and one day it will.

My blog proves I want to help Mastercam be a better product. That you and most others can't grasp the obvious isn't something I control. Others have grasped the obvious. Read the comments, read the effort I've made to try and get better Mastercam books and videos made. If you still can't see grasp the obvious then lets stop taking because both you and I are wasting our time. You also might want to call Jayson Kramer and ask him if I hate Mastercam and how I've treated him and his videos even when he thought I hated him.

I don't find it amusing. I do it for a reason. That you can't comprehend the reason isn't something I can control.