Mastercam X3 Toolpath Is Still A Dead Entity

Why would anybody who sells UGNX want to post at the eMastercam forum?
Add pictures here
βœ–
snipped-for-privacy@mastercam-cadcam.com wrote:

The way you're acting is as if Jon posted the social security numbers and home address of you, your wife and children in an attempt to bring harm to your family.
THAT would be malicious you stupid fuck!

So Jon made you come here all by himself?
Hey Jon, ever consider changing your name to Merlin the Magician? :)
--
Black Dragon

Marriage has driven more than one man to sex.
βœ–

Little or no development in key areas. Examples would be a more powerful and more robust WCS, no update to View Sheets, no database or spreadsheet for a editing your tool libraries so you much edit your tools one at a time, graphics are still horrible and don’t compare to what SolidWorks, IronCAD, Pro/E or CATIA have.
X3 was supposed to have a non-modal View Manager (WCS Dialog Box). This never made it to X3. X3 was supposed to have WCS icons in the Operation Manager... this never made it. Instead you have a ton of time and effort into Feature Based Machining which isn't ready for prime time as far as I can tell. I doubt most users will ever use FBM as it stands now.

Solid verification still isn't anywhere close to Featurecam, Gibbscam, DP Esprit, etc. despite that fact all use the same component (MachineWorks) that Mastercam does.

I think the hope is to use SolidWorks interface and let SolidWorks do the bulk of the work.

I think the hope is to let SolidWorks do the bulk of the CAD work.
So far I'm not very impressed with X3 at all.
Jon Banquer San Diego,CA http://jonbanquer.blogspot.com /
Add pictures here
βœ–

Well Jon that is not exactly true, I have been using an excel one for a long that that works inside of Mastercam with no problem. They did not expand it for X3 which I did not like at all. But it worked great and was developed by an outside person I believe.
Add pictures here
βœ–
On Aug 14, 7:55 pm, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Maybe the developer of this spreadsheet that works inside of Mastercam X2 would like to sell 5 more seats of his product. He's not going to be able to because you didn't list who the developer of this product is. Maybe others reading along or who read my blog have an interest in this product.
βœ–
On Aug 14, 7:51 pm, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Imagine if the effort that was spent on Feature Based Machining in X3 was instead used on fixing the basics in Mastercam X2 MR2 SP1. I've used FeatureCAM in the past. I think it's estimated that only 2 percent of their users use the feature recognition part of Featurecam.
A tremendous amount of effort has been put into developing Mastercam In SolidWorks, yet SolidWorks can't handle modifying non-native solids models quickly and easily. I feel that most machining job shops spend a lot of time working with non-native solid models. The entire concept of parametric-history based modeling is badly flawed when it comes to working with non-native solid models. SolidWorks also lacks the needed tools for trying to understand someone else's design intent if you need to modify their part and not toss the history in the trash.
My blog, that you say is all about me, spends a lot to time trying to make this clear.
My blog, that you say is all about me, spends zero time talking about me.
βœ–
On Aug 14, 8:14 pm, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

All of this has what to do with the FACT that Mastercam X3 suffers from horrible graphics? The toolpath chaining arrows are often hard to see and the wire frame is nowhere near as clear as it could be in Mastercam X3. The reason CNC Software can't fix this by licensing Techsoft 3D HOOPS is?

I didn't say this. Vinny did. I said that solid verification isn't as good in Mastercam as it is in other products that use the same component (MachineWorks).
While were at it:
When was the last time back plot in Mastercam got any serious improvement?
Why does their have to be a separate NCI file?
Why can't back plot inside Mastercam be made to easily back plot the G code instead of the NCI file?
βœ–
On Thu, 14 Aug 2008 17:45:55 -0700 (PDT), jon_banquer

Well Jon they tried to help another of your aliases starting a month ago in the MasterCAM forum but you're still clueless.
============http://www.emastercam.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic ;f=1;t0917
Topic: Using a spreadsheet to edit tools
[ Is there anyone that offers a c-hook the allows you to use a spreadsheet to edit your tool libraries so that you can modify tools in mass rather than opening them up and editing them one at a time? ] -Jon Banquer- (AKA: NeilJ) 7-14-2008 CLUELESS
[ Open your tool library in MCAM and right click on the white part of the tool library and go there <shows screen shot> That will create a txt file that can be modified and then brought back to Mcam. ] -Martin-
[ I want to be able to export the tool library text into a spreadsheet. A spreadsheet will make it easier for me to add and edit tools instead of what I now do which is open each tool one at a time and edit it. I was hopeing someone had already setup a spreadsheet to do this as I don't have <the know how> time or the inclination to setup a spreadsheet myself for this purpose. ] -Jon Banquer- (AKA: NeilJ)
[ You mean like this?? 1) open excel 2) file, open, txt file from export from MCX 3) choose delimited format when asked. used little checkboxes to control detail of cells.
Done. pretty simple....... ] -Robert-
[ Nope. I don't mean like that. What a mess. ] -Jon Banquer- (AKA: NeilJ) 8-19-2008 STILL CLUELESS
[ It's only a mess because you have no training and don't know what you're looking at. ] CNC Apps Guy
[

OK...... You don't like that. But that is what MCX tool libraries look like in their native ascii format. What kind of eye candy do you want? If you have any excel skills, you can make it LOOK however you want. But the fact remains, if you save the above spreadsheet as a .txt file, it WILL create a library. There is quite a bit of help docs that describe the formatting...... ] -Robert-
Please don't get Jon started on ASCII/text files.....ROFLMAO..... Excel skills....LOL...let me translate Jon's earlier statement for you;
"I was hopeing someone had already setup a spreadsheet to do this as I don't have time or the inclination to setup a spreadsheet myself for this purpose." - Jon Banquer-
Means Jon hasn't a clue how to do it himself and wants someone to GIVE it to him. Jon has been searching and asking all around the net for months looking for a tool library spread sheet so Jon's excuse of not having the "time" is false and not having the "inclination" is code for him not having the skills to do it himself.
Tom
Add pictures here
βœ–
http://tinyurl.com/65ox8b
[ <8-20-2008>
Good morning, Robert.
I've seen what Mastercam X tool libraries look like by opening them in Notepad. I understand that I can format the info any way I like in Excel most likely using VBA (if it's still called that). I have done this kind of thing in the past but at this point I don't wish to allocate the time and effort to do this and would prefer to purchase one that looks pretty and is easy for anyone to use without understanding Mastercam's tool library format.
While you may not agree that something like this is important at least you didn't take it personally and seem to understand where I'm coming from with wanting "eye candy" for a tool library spreadsheet.
Obviously my opinion is that Excel should not be necessary and this should be available inside of Mastercam but since it isn't I accept that I have to go this way and make the best of it.
What do you feel is a fair price to pay for an easy to use spreadsheet that is easy on the eyes? ] - Jon Banquer- (AKA: NeilJ)
[ No idea on price.
As I stated in another forum, I have automated all of my libraries by bringing our Cribmaster data into MCX. That being said, I don't use excel anymore.
I don't even have to look at the info. I don't do anything except run the import for the library file I want, and Bingo, a Tool library based on which machine or crib the tool is located at any given time. We have over 10,000 tools in Cribmaster, and every single one is available to me..........
Very automated, but perhaps overkill for smaller shops. I am very well versed in SQL, scripting, etc, and set up the process in house. To my knowledge (after working closely with CNC and Winware), nothing like this is available commercially, but the excel method works "out of the box". ] -Robert-
Add pictures here
βœ–

Jon says at his new job they let machines go for years banging the tools out of the spindle, at tool change often dropping tools out of the carrousel into the machine, where oil gages always read zero and without any PM checks or schedules but they go out and buy Hermann Schmidt lapped edge finders......LOL. No wonder Jon slipped through the cracks and was hired by dumb & dumber mfg. co. good thing they aren't a job shop.
Tom
Add pictures here
βœ–
On Aug 20, 10:25 am, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Pretty easy to hire unproductive sociopaths when nobody in the chain of command at the "machine shop" is accountable for any sort of profit making.
Add pictures here
βœ–

[...]
On Thu, 21 Aug 2008 05:54:36 -0700 (PDT), jon_banquer

According to you Synch-Tech, your CAD-De-Jour strips design intent as it removes all constraints on imported solids. So Jon how do you determine design intent as well as critical fit, form & function dimensions on imported solids and re-constrain them using your CAD-De-Jour Synch-Tech program?
Add pictures here
βœ–

[...]
On Thu, 21 Aug 2008 16:32:47 -0700 (PDT), jon_banquer

You say the original constraints are stripped by synchronous technology when importing non-native models. Prior to you hacking and whacking the model, how do you a machinist or anyone else determine original design intent on this imported model with regards to fit, form and function before making changes?
How do you determine which (critical) dimensions on the imported model should be locked and which can be unlocked?
Why do you continue to avoid answering direct on topic questions to support your positions?
What happened to SolidMap? According to you it answered all our questions about how the model was built in SolidWorks so how is this difficulty determining design intent still a concern?
Whatever happened to skeleton modeling, master modeling, horizontally structured modeling?
How come you can't format a simple spreadsheet?
[ Associativity is what the engineers I do work for want. We are frequently asked to change their designs to make them manufacturable / manufacturable at a cheaper price. We do design changes on a daily basis. ] -Jon Banquer-
What exactly is your engineering department doing while you say you are arbitrarily hacking and whacking their models on a daily basis?
Tom
Add pictures here
βœ–

[...]

There is very little that's funny about the clique of idiots that James Meyette has fostered on e-Mastercam. He's hurt the product because of his desire to silence and belittle people like Black Dragon who has probably used Mastercam for as long or longer than James Meyette. What James Meyette can't handle is that he's lost the control over the little world he thought he controlled on e-Mastercam. I wasn't on alt.machines.cnc at the time but do you remember when years ago James Meyette got into it here with Bottlebob over illegal software? I'm sure Bottlebob will minimize it but back then Bottlebob considered it to be a big deal. I guess James Meyette use to sell Mastercam but couldn't make a decent living at it and blamed illegal software use for his inability to make it selling Mastercam. In any case, James Meyette now works for a machine tool distributor where I'm told that he has problems getting along with others who work there. Apparently James Meyette got into a fight with another AE over lathe programming in front of a customer. Service guy that I spoke with had zero respect for James Meyette. What's interesting is I found James Meyette to be a pleasure to work with and in fact took his side against the owner of the shop I worked for because the shop owner was wrong. It's too bad James Meyette wants to make e-Mastercam his own personal playground rather than focus on what's important which is improving Mastercam where it's been broken for years. James Meyette has made lots of bad choices. Deciding he could censor my posts, lock threads for no good reason and belittle and lie about me on e- Mastercam and behind my back to someone who posts here would be just some of the very bad choices James Meyette made.
βœ–

Jon, you sound like a ranting raving lunatic. (Oh wait, you are!)
How many times did you type "James Meyette" in that post?
Funny how the guy tried to help you in your misinformed and pathetic attempt at counting pallets on that Matsuura, and you still turn on him like the good little sociopath you are.
Can you please post some instances of his "lying" about you? You didn't fall down a flight of stairs again, did you?
[...]

What lies? You can't just make a bunch of false statements without backing them up, sociopath.
"Here's a gem I just herd from anonymous byt reliable sources:
JB was attending a SolidWorks 2008 preliminary overview session held by a SoCal reseller last week with a bunch of other poeple. He asked a few questions, and then started arguing with the prsenter, with his usual "why do you refuse....." bullshit. Completely out of bounds.
Somebody recognized him, although his name tag read "Clinton Upyers" and he was immediately asked to leave by one of the suits. He put up a fight, you know, like the way girls fight. Sombody got a bloody lip, then Jon fell down the stairs. The police were called to escort him off of the premisis. He was yelling stuff about Spaceclam and VX and Inventer.
The funniest part was that they said when the cops were escorting him across the partking lot, they searched him, and he had 4 slices of pizza stashed in his briefcase full of marketing materials. O the joy of the unemployed. Times must be rough ol, Jonny boy!
I hear he is going to be charged with trespassing and assult, and has a restraining order against him to stay away from the reseller building or employees. What a hoot!
Anyone who was there want to comment?
Jusyt can't make it work. Always theater around this one.
Daisy." - FlowerPot, Sep 2007
See how easy it is, lunatic?
Add pictures here
βœ–