Mastercam X3 Toolpath Is Still A Dead Entity



There is very little that's funny about the clique of idiots that James Meyette has fostered on e-Mastercam. He's hurt the product because of his desire to silence and belittle people like Black Dragon who has probably used Mastercam for as long or longer than James Meyette. What James Meyette can't handle is that he's lost the control over the little world he thought he controlled on e-Mastercam. I wasn't on alt.machines.cnc at the time but do you remember when years ago James Meyette got into it here with Bottlebob over illegal software? I'm sure Bottlebob will minimize it but back then Bottlebob considered it to be a big deal. I guess James Meyette use to sell Mastercam but couldn't make a decent living at it and blamed illegal software use for his inability to make it selling Mastercam. In any case, James Meyette now works for a machine tool distributor where I'm told that he has problems getting along with others who work there. Apparently James Meyette got into a fight with another AE over lathe programming in front of a customer. Service guy that I spoke with had zero respect for James Meyette. What's interesting is I found James Meyette to be a pleasure to work with and in fact took his side against the owner of the shop I worked for because the shop owner was wrong. It's too bad James Meyette wants to make e-Mastercam his own personal playground rather than focus on what's important which is improving Mastercam where it's been broken for years. James Meyette has made lots of bad choices. Deciding he could censor my posts, lock threads for no good reason and belittle and lie about me on e- Mastercam and behind my back to someone who posts here would be just some of the very bad choices James Meyette made.
Jon Banquer San Diego, CA http://jonbanquer.blogspot.com /
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

format a spreadsheet....LOL
[ http://tinyurl.com/65ox8b <8-20-2008>
I've seen what Mastercam X tool libraries look like by opening them in Notepad. I understand that I can format the info any way I like in Excel most likely using VBA (if it's still called that). I have done this kind of thing in the past but at this point I don't wish to allocate the time and effort to do this and would prefer to purchase one that looks pretty and is easy for anyone to use without understanding Mastercam's tool library format. ] - Jon Banquer- (AKA: NeilJ)
Sure you have Jon, I am sure you did it in the past but just don't wish to allocate the time and effort to do this now, ....ROFLMAO.....you haven't a clue. You are so full of shit, if you really knew how to format a spreadsheet, it would be done, it's that fast, it's that easy.
Instead you have been posting all over the net saying it can't be done in MasterCAM. Then when told and shown how to do it you complained about the look, you even called it a mess. All it meant is you don't know how to format a simple spread sheet. Give it to your IT department, if it can't be done in short order then they are as incompetent at their job as you are.
Tom
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Imagine if the effort that was spent on Feature Based Machining in X3 was instead used on fixing the basics in Mastercam X2 MR2 SP1. I've used FeatureCAM in the past. I think it's estimated that only 2 percent of their users use the feature recognition part of Featurecam.
A tremendous amount of effort has been put into developing Mastercam In SolidWorks, yet SolidWorks can't handle modifying non-native solids models quickly and easily. I feel that most machining job shops spend a lot of time working with non-native solid models. The entire concept of parametric-history based modeling is badly flawed when it comes to working with non-native solid models. SolidWorks also lacks the needed tools for trying to understand someone else's design intent if you need to modify their part and not toss the history in the trash.
My blog, that you say is all about me, spends a lot to time trying to make this clear.
My blog, that you say is all about me, spends zero time talking about me.
Jon Banquer San Diego, CA http://jonbanquer.blogspot.com /
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Sun, 17 Aug 2008 08:05:29 -0700 (PDT), jon_banquer

So Jon if the ProE files (from your engineering department) are importing just fine into MasterCAM why exactly do you "YOU" need SolidEdge with ST?
[ Still have a lot to learn about Mastercam. <snip> Currently working with a lot of Pro-E IGES files. So far it all imports very clean with no problems. ]-Jon Banquer -March 31, 2008
===============[ I actually enjoy using parts of Mastercam now. Still have quite a bit to learn about the product which is made difficult ] -Jon Banquer- Mar 28, 2008
[ Why do you link your "old" blog to be linked again to another blog? The navigation on the "new" one sucks ass BTW
The sheer level of narcissism it takes to think that anyone gives a shit about your opinion of toolpathing is mind-boggling. You have proven time & time again through your various aliases that you have very basic knowledge of MasterCAM at best. If narcissism were measured in units of mass, your skull would crush in on itself in a giant black hole of stupidity. ] -zymrgy-
[ MasterCAM Handbook Series of which I own all three books. Expensive...$100 per book. Just finished Volume 1. ]-Jon Banquer- Dec 1, 2007 -clueless poseur.
[ Does this mean you figured out how to chain in Mastercam? Or are you still changing levels and transforming Z depths because of the dastardly branch points? ] - joe788
Tom
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Imagine if the effort that was spent on Feature Based Machining in X3 was instead used on fixing the basics in Mastercam X2 MR2 SP1. I've used FeatureCAM in the past. I think it's estimated that only 2 percent of their users use the feature recognition part of Featurecam.
A tremendous amount of effort has been put into developing Mastercam In SolidWorks, yet SolidWorks can't handle modifying non-native solids models quickly and easily. I feel that most machining job shops spend a lot of time working with non-native solid models. The entire concept of parametric-history based modeling is badly flawed when it comes to working with non-native solid models. SolidWorks also lacks the needed tools for trying to understand someone else's design intent if you need to modify their part and not toss the history in the trash.
My blog, that you say is all about me, spends a lot to time trying to make this clear.
My blog, that you say is all about me, spends zero time talking about me.
Jon Banquer San Diego, CA http://jonbanquer.blogspot.com /
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

All of this has what to do with the FACT that Mastercam X3 suffers from horrible graphics? The toolpath chaining arrows are often hard to see and the wire frame is nowhere near as clear as it could be in Mastercam X3. The reason CNC Software can't fix this by licensing Techsoft 3D HOOPS is?

I didn't say this. Vinny did. I said that solid verification isn't as good in Mastercam as it is in other products that use the same component (MachineWorks).
While were at it:
When was the last time back plot in Mastercam got any serious improvement?
Why does their have to be a separate NCI file?
Why can't back plot inside Mastercam be made to easily back plot the G code instead of the NCI file?
Jon Banquer San Diego, CA http://jonbanquer.blogspot.com /
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Aug 14, 7:55 pm, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Maybe the developer of this spreadsheet that works inside of Mastercam X2 would like to sell 5 more seats of his product. He's not going to be able to because you didn't list who the developer of this product is. Maybe others reading along or who read my blog have an interest in this product.
Jon Banquer San Diego, CA http://jonbanquer.blogspot.com /
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Jon, just because YOU can't edit multiple tools doesn't mean that capability doesn't exist. I have very successfully integrated Cribmaster and Mastercam (X, X2, X3) to give me LIVE tool libraries fed directly from our Cribmaster inventory, based on a number of criteria.... All from a SQL database. This is thanks to an open architecture of both Cribmaster and Mastercam. If you weren't so blinded by your "toolpath editing" tunnel vision, perhaps you could do the same thing...... I have offered this info up many times in the emastercam forum..... for free. But because you are such a dick, nobody is about to pony up this info to you - paid or free.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
wrote:

Jon could use the PM module as well however ignoring PM is his preferred method.
[ What sucks is that two or our Haas's keep dropping tools. Our VF-1 and our Mini-Mill. ] - Jon Banquer-
[

The tools do bang when they are released. Thanks for the tip. I'll check it out Monday and let you know what it's set at and the results. Haas has looked at it many times and the problem hasn't gone away. ] -Jon Banquer-
[ Do you mean the gage above the way lube reservoir?
If so it's at zero on both machines and stays at zero even during a tool change. ] -Jon Banquer-
[ Helpful post as I only have a casual interest and don't intend to make much of an effort in this area anytime soon.
When I get some time I might look into it more. It's not a high priority for me or for our shop ] -Jon Banquer-
Tools banging out of the spindle at tool change and sometimes dropping out of the carrousel and falling into the machine is only a casual interest when Jon Banquer is operating a machine.
The simple fix someone suggested is check the oil pressure it should be set to 17 lbs. Jon says the gage always reads ZERO but doesn't THINK THERE MIGHT BE SOMETHING to check out!
What does clueless Jon Bandqueer say? DUH...what gage, the only one he sees always reads zero. Then the story changes because Jon can't figure it out even when given (by me) pictures, a manual and the page number so he changes his story, it's not his job says jon bonkers even though he runs the machine and then the jon the donk says it's not a high priority.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

It doesn't exist in off the shelf Mastercam X2 MR2 SP1. Just because YOU can't acknowledge that FACT doesn't make what I said untrue, Goober.

I have lots of issues I'm passionate about.

Wrong again, Goober.
Jon Banquer San Diego, CA http://jonbanquer.blogspot.com /
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Haha!! Jon Banquer! Expressing his passion for complaining about software and functions he doesn't understand and can't use properly!
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Again, you show your complete lack of knowledge. It does exist in X2 MR2 SP1 (as well as back to X). Just ask Roger Martin of CNC, whom I've been in contact with on more than a few occasions, discussing tool management import/export. All you need is a PROPERLY FORMATTED .txt file to import any and all tools into a library in MCX. This file is easily created on a scheduled basis from a simple SQL query job out of Cribmaster. I have done the same with Walter TDM inventory.
I don't need to acknowledge your ignorance to make what you said untrue. It is a simple fact. If you actually spent time in the systems you pretend to know and whine about, then you too could do what many others can.
Remember, just because you are passionate, does not mean you can program. Obviously, you have no clue - AGAIN! You are wrong again, Dickweed. Put that in your blog.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

All of this has what to do with the FACT that Mastercam X3 suffers from horrible graphics? The toolpath chaining arrows are often hard to see and the wire frame is nowhere near as clear as it could be in Mastercam X3. The reason CNC Software can't fix this by licensing Techsoft 3D HOOPS is?

I didn't say this. Vinny did. I said that solid verification isn't as good in Mastercam as it is in other products that use the same component (MachineWorks).
While were at it:
When was the last time back plot in Mastercam got any serious improvement?
Why does their have to be a separate NCI file?
Why can't back plot inside Mastercam be made to easily back plot the G code instead of the NCI file?
Jon Banquer San Diego, CA http://jonbanquer.blogspot.com /
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Mon, 11 Aug 2008 20:25:58 -0700 (PDT), jon_banquer
some times take too long to identify & ban Jon Banquer's fake names and forged posts.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Mon, 11 Aug 2008 20:41:19 -0700 (PDT), jon_banquer

Well lets see what Jon thinks about unmoderated formats:
"I figured for once I'd give these posters a taste or their own medicine which seemed to anger the host of the Blog who had elected to go with an unmoderated format." - Jon Banquer - July 18, 2007-
Truth be told (not by banquer) all Novedge interviews go with an unmoderated format, you knew it. It's just that you're the first interviewee to violate your agreement with the author.
[ UPDATE -- July 8, 2007 -- I had to close this blog post to further comments and to remove the personal attacks between Jon and some other newsgroups readers. Before the interview, I made an agreement with Jon about the style of the interview and the way to handle it. Jon didn't respect our agreement, posting comments under fake names. Jon's authentic and fake comments are all posted from the same IP address, 72.199.251.224. I can now see that my trust in Jon was misplaced.
] http://blog.novedge.com/2007/07/an-interview-wi.html
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
".....posted March 13, 2007 11:26 AM -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- By editing my comments, I feels as though I've compromised my integrity in some way which is why I sent Webby my resigation as Moderator for the Mastercam Forum. I'll still moderate O/T but I feel it's my duty to give you folks on the forum an honest opinion and if I can't do that... well, what good am I then?
So Thermwod, if you don't like the FACT that the column on your 5-Axis machines are so weak that you NEED a 1" Travel indicator to measure the deflection, then MAKE A BETTER PRODUCT!!!!!..."
The TRUTH as to why I am not a Moderator in the Mastercam Forum on eMastercam...
Jon, YOU ARE A LIAR!!!!! Here it is for all to see.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Aug 11, 7:36pm, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Whoever is at the helm on CNCZone has become pretty adept at locating and deleting Jonnie Bonkers.
It's kinda funny, CNCZone has an odd feature that lets you see who the last people were to look at your profile. Sure enough, the last 4 people to look at my profile were Jon Banquer's aliases!
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Black Dragon wrote:

No, he's impersonating a human being and badly.
--

John R. Carroll
www.machiningsolution.com
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
snipped-for-privacy@mastercam-cadcam.com wrote:

Mommy mommy, Jonny is making faces at me, whaaaaaaaa!
Give it a rest already.
So you have got your panties all wadded up because Jon said you got stripped of moderator status at the eMastercam forum.
And you're threatening to take that to the legal system based on advice from some of your peers on the same forum.
The kookologists have awards for people just like you. Suggest go back to your heavily guarded playground before half of Usenet is laughing at you.
--
Black Dragon

Once a woman has given you her heart you
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Without a doubt this guy had it right the first time.
From the e-Mastercam Off Topic Forum
"LOL!!
It's nice to see this place has not changed in years.. same dumba$$es running the show..
---------------------
X still sucks!!!!!
-------------------- Randle D.
Master Toolpath Engineer"
Jon Banquer San Diego, CA http://jonbanquer.blogspot.com /
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Polytechforum.com is a website by engineers for engineers. It is not affiliated with any of manufacturers or vendors discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.