File locking

I wish to send out a proe 2001 part file so that its original import feature cannot be altered

AC

Reply to
Alistair Craig

Apartf from making it read only (feature-read only) I don't know.

Reply to
John Wade

If you are only sending a part file, export it as a Pro/E neutral file, or if your management feels totally paranoid, export it as STEP and re-import it into Pro/E. In both cases your file will open as a single feature that will be un-modifiable. Of course, new features can still be added on top of it (I don't think there is a way to prevent that), but then you will always know that your original model had been modified.

Reply to
Alex Sh.