External reference error message

I've been working on some parts that were made by starting with imported
geometry in the form of imported parts. I don't have the original parts
that were imported, and every time I open the file, I get an error
message telling me it can't find the files that were imported. When I
right click on the imported parts, it doesn't list external references.
Can anyone suggest a way to get rid of the error message?
Thanks,
Reply to
JKimmel