unexpected file format?

I have noticed that since sp1.1 when I save an assembly (possible part as well) that sometimes I get a message "unexpected file format". If I say ok, then save again, all seems fine. I have not had problems opening, and no obvious file corruption, but it is not a warm-and-fuzzy message to get.

It is possible that this also happend with ev1.0 as well, but I may have ignored it.

Ideas?

Daniel

Reply to
daniel

I have seen it in the past, but I have never been able to attribute it to anything repeatable.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

Verses??? Yes, XPSP2 blaa blaa patch patch etc. I recently reformatted and rebuilt my entire system. Nightmare, but I do it at least once a year (freed up half my HD, even though I reinstalled exactly what I had before... hmmmm).

It has not been fatal in any situation yet, just hit save again and there is not problem ( and it appears to save the first time as well. Maybe - and this is a guess -it has to do with photoworks which I do not always have active, and I do have decals attached to some of the models this has happend to recently.

Reply to
daniel

Are these network saves?

Never had much problem with PW, it is usually draw> >

Reply to
P.

No, local drive.

I am going to ignore it for the moment - it is intermittent and I am not having any (known) serious side effect other than the worrisome nature of the message.

Thanks for the help. Daniel

Reply to
daniel

I've see this occur after I've removed the Routing add-in without restarting SW. Could be something peculiar to routing though.

Tony

Reply to
Tony