unexpected file format?

I have noticed that since sp1.1 when I save an assembly (possible part as well) that sometimes I get a message "unexpected file format". If I
say ok, then save again, all seems fine. I have not had problems opening, and no obvious file corruption, but it is not a warm-and-fuzzy message to get.
It is possible that this also happend with ev1.0 as well, but I may have ignored it.
Ideas?
Daniel
I have seen it in the past, but I have never been able to attribute it to anything repeatable.
WT

Usually when I have seen it it was fatal. Sometimes a saveas to a local drive will get out of it. Are you running SW on Windows by any chance?
daniel wrote:

--
Node news is good news.

Verses??? Yes, XPSP2 blaa blaa patch patch etc. I recently reformatted and rebuilt my entire system. Nightmare, but I do it at least once a year (freed up half my HD, even though I reinstalled exactly what I had before... hmmmm).
It has not been fatal in any situation yet, just hit save again and there is not problem ( and it appears to save the first time as well. Maybe - and this is a guess -it has to do with photoworks which I do not always have active, and I do have decals attached to some of the models this has happend to recently.
Are these network saves?
Never had much problem with PW, it is usually drawings.
daniel wrote:

No, local drive.
I am going to ignore it for the moment - it is intermittent and I am not having any (known) serious side effect other than the worrisome nature of the message.
Thanks for the help. Daniel
I've see this occur after I've removed the Routing add-in without restarting SW. Could be something peculiar to routing though.
Tony