System could not recognize the file

My new Solidworks 2005 installation will only let me create or open a part
file. I can't create any new or open any existing assembly or drawing files
without getting this error message. Any suggestions?
Reply to
Jay Greenfield
This is usually the case when the authorization code wass not used. It won't let you open anything previously done.
Reply to
Jo
If SW is not registered (as in demo mode) it will not open files older than 30 days. You should have gotten a warning about this during install. Contact SW for a reg code.
Reply to
TOP