ACad 2008 Installer Problem

I have sucessfuly installed acad2008, but now every time I start MS Word the windows installer opens and says "preparing to install autocad
2008".
I can cancel the installer, and word opens OK, but it is pain.
Why has this happened, but more importantly can I do something tp prevent it happening.
Thanks
Bill

Did you start Autocat from the start menu the first time you ran it so that it knows where its files are? Did you let AutoCAD put its own icon on the desktop?
Bob
says...

Thanks for responding Bob,
yep I did all that. I don't have a problem with Autocad, that starts just fine. The problem manifests whenever I start "Word" or open a word document.
I am running W2K, and Office 2000 all with latest updates and service packs, if it has any bearing.
Bill