New layers and old viewports

I work in drawings that sometimes have upward of 100 layout tabs (a contract requirement). These viewports are set up at 1" = 100' for
utilities mapping. One drawing may cover several miles with information specific to each viewport set on layers created specifically for that viewport. This is done so as to not allow information in adjacent viewports to be seen in the current one. The viewports are often turned at various angles as they follow the given route of the C/L and trhus the text is angled differently in each viewport.
My question is how do I add new layers in model space and keep them from showing up in the existing viewports in those layout tabs? I recently had to add some new info and create a set of new layers. I then had to go to each layout tab which contains 1 or 2 viewports and freeze the new layers. How can I avoid this? The information is placed into the drawing in a coordinate system, so placing it somwhere else in model space is not an option.
Any help will be appreciated.
Cadmando wrote:

I feel your pain. The only *good* way I've thought of is using VPLAYER at the command line. If you make a layer specifically for a certain VIEWPORT (and are lucky enough to think of it at the time), do this:
VPLAYER F NewLayerNameHere * <<<for all viewports T Current <<<assuming you're currently in it
That's how I do it, anyway. I still say Adesk should have layers default to frozen in a viewport and you'd have to set them to plot. Would be much safer, at least for my work.
Click on any Layout tab, then use the VPLAYER / Newfrz option to create your new layers. ___

Paul Turvill wrote:

I thought that only freezes them in new viewports, created from that point on.
No, it freezes *new* *layers" in existing viewports. Try it. ___

your
Paul Turvill wrote:

I'll do that. ;)