Trouble Viewing Layers In The Layout Tab...

I'm having trouble viewing a layer in the layout tab that is visible in the model tab. The layer in question is not frozen, turned off or
locked but I can't view it. Is there another plausible scenario as to why this layer does not show up? This layer shows up on the layout tab at the engineers office where the plans were made...just not on our computers.
try to use VPLAYER (in paperspace) to make it visible...just follow the promps
jojo