13th Floors

I hope you will forgive my imposing with such an odd query. I am currently writing a book on the number 13 for Penguin Putnam, which will examine
superstitions related to 13 from 13 perspectives (e.g., psychology, history, mythology, etc.). A section of the book will examine ways in which beliefs about 13 have historically been incorporated into architecture and design.
I wondered if you could possibly make these questions available to your firm's architects or to a representative who may be able to answer them?
Have you noticed a decline in the number of clients/buildings with 13 or more floors omitting the 13th floor designation in recent years?
If so, when do you think that the trend toward omission peaked?
Are certain kinds of buildings/categories of clients more likely than others to request omission/inclusion of a 13th floor?
How do you approach the issue with clients? In other words, at the outset do you include a designated 13th floor in your plans? Do you have an explicit conversation about the subject? If so, at what stage? How do you approach the issue--seriously, tongue-in-cheek?
How does this issue vary from country to country?
Are buildings with 13 or more floors that use the 13th floor designation more or less unlucky than those that omit it? (!)
Are there any other building/architecture-related superstitions you have come across in your work? If so, what are they?
Thank you in advance for allowing me to impose, and for your time. Please email responses to snipped-for-privacy@aol.com
I would, of course, be happy to acknowledge your firm in my book.
Sincerely,
Nathaniel Lachenmeyer snipped-for-privacy@aol.com
Don't forget that AutoCAD R13 was a dog!

LOL

In China they don't have 4th floors because the word for the number "four" and the word "to die" sound the same.