Can this scrubber clean unfinished concrete floors

I have this scrubber

and I am wondering if it is suitable for cleaning concrete floors, or should I just sell it.

Thanks

Ignoramus28358

Call and ask the morons who produce it and don't specify what it cleans anywhere on their website.

P.S: Man, that thing is LOUD! ;)

-- A mind, like a home, is furnished by its owner, so if one's life is cold and bare he can blame none but himself. -- Louis L'Amour

Reply to
Larry Jaques

I'm betting it can, but they're going to try to sell you some expensive brushes.

Reply to
rangerssuck

that looks like a made in China imitation of my Tennant floor scrubber. The tennant unit is fantastic for this job.

I'm a bit biased, my son makes them.

Karl

Reply to
Karl Townsend

Looks like it will, if it's nicely finished concrete - you'll chew up the rubber squeegee blade pretty fast if there are a lot of rough potholes and old anchor bolts sticking up. And you can't vacuum up the water if it drains into an expansion crack.

Give the floor a once-over with a floor finishing grinder, and they have self-leveling epoxy fillers that will fix the divots. And you do want to seal the concrete first, so the cleaning water doesn't sink in. They make several styles of sealant for that, or you can use epoxy floor paint.

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman (munged human

I'm betting it can, but they're going to try to sell you some expensive brushes. __________________________________________

You can't use "expensive" and "brushes" in the same sentence!

Reply to
Tom Gardner

NSS brand has been around since at least the late 70s. I used an NSS water vac at the Vo-tech I attended (and worked briefly as a janitor) in 1977. And yes Larry, it was incredibly loud!

Reply to
William Bagwell

Depends! Might be good if your floor has a finish of epoxy or something similar. If just plain surface concrete, then a better method is what we use.

Oiled sand is spread over a small portion of the floor and then swept up with a large Costco type broom. Then the next portion is done. Sand and trash is put in a can and when that is full, it goes in the dumpster. Picks up all the dust and leaves a nice clean surface. Our janitor does this once a week to our 6,000 sq.ft. less equipment, work stations, etc.

Paul

Reply to
Paul Drahn

Well, I guess it all depends on who's setting the price. And remember, for Iggy, anything above a buck-and-a-half is expensive :-)

Reply to
rangerssuck
[...]

I believe Larry was referring to the model number, 3330 DB, which is really, really, loud indeed.

Reply to
rangerssuck

Ah, I missed that little joke. But the one and only NSS vacuum happened to be much louder than any other vacuum I have ever encountered before or since.

Reply to
William Bagwell

You will go through pads pretty quickly and if there's a lot of dirt it will clog it up. NSS is a first rate brand. Autoscrubbers can be expensive to maintain, diamond ground concrete, terrazzo or vinyl is what they are really meant for.

Reply to
ATP

In case it was missed, the model number 3300 DB looked like an audio sound level measurement. (dB)

-- Resolve to be thyself: and know, that he who finds himself, loses his misery. -- Matthew Arnold

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Bruce, I will use this warehouse for selling surplus equipment, not as a shopping center. I think that it is too expensive to epoxy the floor. I just wanted to keep it free of debris, excessive oil stains etc.

Ignoramus19683

Paul, I am thinking, I can always sell this Wrangler wet unit at a small profit. Wuld you say that I would be better served by a big vacuum cleaner, without the wet part?

Reply to
Ignoramus19683

A clear sealer or inexpensive floor paint will work fine for you, but clean it well first. That'll be a challenge, but the scrubber will save your butt. Clean it, dry it well for however long your sealer of choice recommends, and then seal it.

I used white latex floor paint on my shop and love it. The floor had already been sealed with a shiny film sealer, so the paint does scrape off fairly easily, compared to epoxy, but it also covers again easily and cheaply. The white color made the shop twice as bright. Pure white walls, floor, and ceiling are great. The tools on shelves, lumber on one wall, and cabinets on another break up the pure white feeling, but the white really reflects light well. I recommend it on your ceiling and beams there, too. A few upward mounted fluorescent fixtured would add lots of ambient light for a very low cost.

-- Resolve to be thyself: and know, that he who finds himself, loses his misery. -- Matthew Arnold

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Any of the methods are pretty low cost to just try them out. A vacuum always redestributes the finer dust that gets through the filters. So, try a reasonable priced shop vacuum for a week or so. Even try wet moping that will really get the dirt up, but is a lot of work.

We get the oiled sand from Granger. An 80 lb box is not that expensive and lasts several months.

just don't give your wife the job of testing!

Paul

Reply to
Paul Drahn

(...)

Why not? We claim much sillier things than that:

'Management Ethics' 'Patient Confidentiality' 'Budget Surplus'

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

Not to anyone who knows what a dB is. Do the math and see what power level 3300 dB is.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

At first, I thought that you were joking when you mentioned oiled sand.

You are talking about this, right?

It says "for painted surfaces and oil resistant floors". It would seem that it would not work as well for unfinished concrete?

Ignoramus30836